Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 10 May '05 12:09
    Even on Chessatwork, would it be good to have a big button, "qick the boss is coming !!!" to click to minimize the browser ?
    Perhaps alongside the site home logo.
  2. 10 May '05 13:11
    Ahh, back in the days a lot of games had a 'Boss Key' that would instantly quit. Nowadays, you can use Alt+d to minimize all windows or alt+f4 to simply quit, assuming you use windoze.
  3. 10 May '05 13:26
    Agreed but a big button is but a sweep and click away.
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    10 May '05 13:49
    I wanted to add this myself once. I will experiment with adding a link to make all browser content vanish, and then reappear if the page is clicked.

    -Russ
  5. 10 May '05 14:09
    Thanks. Masterspy!
  6. Standard member Alcra
    Lazy Sod
    10 May '05 14:17
    Originally posted by Svin1
    Ahh, back in the days a lot of games had a 'Boss Key' that would instantly quit. Nowadays, you can use Alt+d to minimize all windows or alt+f4 to simply quit, assuming you use windoze.
    Alt D has a drawback though. If you use it, your boss walks past and sees a blank desktop - and assumes correctly (though for the wrong reason), that you do no work!!

  7. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    10 May '05 18:39
    Originally posted by Alcra
    Alt D has a drawback though. If you use it, your boss walks past and sees a blank desktop - and assumes correctly (though for the wrong reason), that you do no work!!

    Alt D just takes me into the browser address bar.

    'Windows + M' followed by 'Windows + E' makes it look like you are searching for that file you were about to edit

    The best solution would be to get on with some work, but that's far too sensible!
  8. 13 May '05 01:26 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by rhb
    Alt D just takes me into the browser address bar.

    'Windows + M' followed by 'Windows + E' makes it look like you are searching for that file you were about to edit

    The best solution would be to get on with some work, but that's far too sensible!
    Windows + D minimizes all windows. Not alt + d.

    Also, alt + tab lets you switch to another window quickly.

    Right click the taskbar, click properties, and then make sure "auto hide the taskbar" is checked. This makes the taskbar disappear when your mouse isn't on it so your boss doesn't read what your window is right off the taskbar.
  9. Standard member Dalamar
    Lord of the Board...
    17 May '05 15:00
    Russ,

    What would really be great is if there was a "Boss" button which you could click that would send up an image of an excel spreadsheet. Once he walks away, you click on it and 'Voila' - your game is back on screen

    Would really help me out!
  10. Standard member Wheely
    Instant Buzz
    20 May '05 12:28
    If you happen to use Linux with the K Desktop Environmen, you can just hit F2 to instantly minimise the browser.