Moves
    20 Jul '06 10:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 16:10
    if you are starting to have options that remove avatars then how about options for the size of avatars, then those on dial up (or at work) could shrink/remove them, and those on broadband could have decent sized images.
  3. Berks.
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 17:24
    The problem with dial-up isn't so much the dimensions of the avatar, in that regard is little difference from broadband. just shrinking the viewable size doesn't make a difference to the loading time.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 11:54
    Originally posted by Peakite
    The problem with dial-up isn't so much the dimensions of the avatar, in that regard is little difference from broadband. just shrinking the viewable size doesn't make a difference to the loading time.
    My thoughts were a limit you can set where you stop the dl of an image at 100K, 500K, 50K, whatever. That will let some of the image load, and if you want to see it all you have another option to view any given avatar.

You can also shut them down totally.

Also, I think that Russ shut down a few Huge files... I'm not sure, but seems some users came online and their large files were gone.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree