1. Wat?
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    76863
    16 Oct '13 08:29
    Maybe the server could automatically send out a 'Happy Birthday' message to the GF, for paying members, assuming they have given honesty to the site in registration of birth date?
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    59199
    16 Oct '13 13:01
    I don't particularly care about my birthday.
    Why celebrate what is already past and what in reality is just a random day in a calendar year and one day nearer death?
  3. Wat?
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    76863
    16 Oct '13 15:00
    Originally posted by venda
    I don't particularly care about my birthday.
    Why celebrate what is already past and what in reality is just a random day in a calendar year and one day nearer death?
    Principle?
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    59199
    16 Oct '13 18:29
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Principle?
    The principle being I don't see any merit in your suggestion although others , who may consider birthdays important may do so.
    Let's see what responses you get.
  5. Subscriberhenjutsu
    InsectRightsAdvocate
    Joined
    10 Mar '12
    Moves
    107090
    22 Nov '13 15:55
    Even if birthdays do matter to some people, I don't think being congratulated by a robot will trigger any noteworthy emotion.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    318187
    23 Nov '13 20:04
    I've never understood why birthdays should be a matter of congratulation anyway. Being alive is hardly an achievement.
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    59199
    23 Nov '13 22:38
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I've never understood why birthdays should be a matter of congratulation anyway. Being alive is hardly an achievement.
    if you weren't alive it would be really difficult to change your avatar on a regular basis!!
    Come to think of it ,I have trouble altering miine as it is and I was still alive the last time I checked!!
    The pictures I try to put in go all fuzzy so perhaps I'm dead after all.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35630
    24 Nov '13 10:06
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I've never understood why birthdays should be a matter of congratulation anyway. Being alive is hardly an achievement.
    Good lord, people! Birthdays are just for the fun of it. And it's pretty much an equal thing for all because everyone has a birthday. I like it when some web sites remember my birthday. It's not like I actually go out looking for them on my birthday, it's just a nice, unexpected treat. Birthdays make me smile. Mine and others. Why is everyone so grouchy in this forum? Maybe y'all need a good bowl of oatmeal. 🙂
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35630
    24 Nov '13 10:13
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Maybe the server could automatically send out a 'Happy Birthday' message to the GF, for paying members, assuming they have given honesty to the site in registration of birth date?
    I would prefer maybe a special screen page on their birthday, seen only by the one with the birthday, after one view it goes away for that user until next year. A message in the General Forum might be a bit much. Can you imagine the endless grouching that would cause?
  10. Joined
    19 Dec '05
    Moves
    197101
    12 Dec '13 11:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I would prefer maybe a special screen page on their birthday, seen only by the one with the birthday, after one view it goes away for that user until next year. A message in the General Forum might be a bit much. Can you imagine the endless grouching that would cause?
    How sad to be here playing chess when you should be with your family and/or friends on your birthday. Either way I dont want it being announced to everyone in the general forum.
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    518674
    12 Dec '13 12:10
    Originally posted by adalia bipunctata
    How sad to be here playing chess when you should be with your family and/or friends on your birthday. Either way I dont want it being announced to everyone in the general forum.
    I agree here. No need to give everybody ones private dates.
Back to Top