Birthdays

Birthdays

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
16 Oct 13

Maybe the server could automatically send out a 'Happy Birthday' message to the GF, for paying members, assuming they have given honesty to the site in registration of birth date?

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
16 Oct 13

I don't particularly care about my birthday.
Why celebrate what is already past and what in reality is just a random day in a calendar year and one day nearer death?

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
16 Oct 13

Originally posted by venda
I don't particularly care about my birthday.
Why celebrate what is already past and what in reality is just a random day in a calendar year and one day nearer death?
Principle?

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
16 Oct 13

Originally posted by mikelom
Principle?
The principle being I don't see any merit in your suggestion although others , who may consider birthdays important may do so.
Let's see what responses you get.

Moves
22 Nov 13

Even if birthdays do matter to some people, I don't think being congratulated by a robot will trigger any noteworthy emotion.

Australia

Moves
23 Nov 13

I've never understood why birthdays should be a matter of congratulation anyway. Being alive is hardly an achievement.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
23 Nov 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
I've never understood why birthdays should be a matter of congratulation anyway. Being alive is hardly an achievement.
if you weren't alive it would be really difficult to change your avatar on a regular basis!!
Come to think of it ,I have trouble altering miine as it is and I was still alive the last time I checked!!
The pictures I try to put in go all fuzzy so perhaps I'm dead after all.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Nov 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
Good lord, people! Birthdays are just for the fun of it. And it's pretty much an equal thing for all because everyone has a birthday. I like it when some web sites remember my birthday. It's not like I actually go out looking for them on my birthday, it's just a nice, unexpected treat. Birthdays make me smile. Mine and others. Why is everyone so grouchy in this forum? Maybe y'all need a good bowl of oatmeal. 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Nov 13

Originally posted by mikelom
Maybe the server could automatically send out a 'Happy Birthday' message to the GF, for paying members, assuming they have given honesty to the site in registration of birth date?
I would prefer maybe a special screen page on their birthday, seen only by the one with the birthday, after one view it goes away for that user until next year. A message in the General Forum might be a bit much. Can you imagine the endless grouching that would cause?

Moves
12 Dec 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
I would prefer maybe a special screen page on their birthday, seen only by the one with the birthday, after one view it goes away for that user until next year. A message in the General Forum might be a bit much. Can you imagine the endless grouching that would cause?
How sad to be here playing chess when you should be with your family and/or friends on your birthday. Either way I dont want it being announced to everyone in the general forum.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
12 Dec 13

Originally posted by adalia bipunctata
How sad to be here playing chess when you should be with your family and/or friends on your birthday. Either way I dont want it being announced to everyone in the general forum.
I agree here. No need to give everybody ones private dates.