Can one's rating be shown in forum posts?

Can one's rating be shown in forum posts?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SS

Moves
21 Aug 06

E
YNWA

Moves
21 Aug 06

Originally posted by z00t
What's it with semantics and some of you cowboys. If we wanted grammar 101 we would have logged on to the appropriate website. If you have nothing related to the matter being discussed then leave the thread in peace.
Goes to show your notion of refering to someone's rating in order to ascertain some sort of 'forum posting quality' is pure BS, doesn't it?

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
22 Aug 06

Originally posted by bolshevik
Unless the post is a technical one about chess, the rating is irrelevant.

How about displaying peoples IQs instead ?

(Only teasing ! Please don't take me seriously !)
Actually, I think he has a point. When making a challenge to a player you meet in the forum it might be worth it for a quick glance. I wouldn't be against it. But I wouldn't think it is an absolute necessity either. It doesn't sound hard to implement but the Code Monkey would know more about that than I would.

z

Moves
22 Aug 06

Originally posted by cashthetrash
Actually, I think he has a point. When making a challenge to a player you meet in the forum it might be worth it for a quick glance. I wouldn't be against it. But I wouldn't think it is an absolute necessity either. It doesn't sound hard to implement but the Code Monkey would know more about that than I would.
Its just a query they need to add to the underlying code, its not a big deal. It saves having to click on someones profile and then possibly losing drift of the thread. Asd you have said you can easily challenge someone knowing their rating in the forum.