1. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    2683
    18 Aug '06 16:07
    Can one's rating be shown in forum posts? It saves me having to look up some loudmouths claims with a 1200/provisional rating. If this has been asked before I'm sorry that I'm too lazy to search for the appropriate thread, but the point is a valid one.
  2. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    114819
    18 Aug '06 17:15
    Originally posted by z00t
    Can one's rating be shown in forum posts? It saves me having to look up some loudmouths claims with a 1200/provisional rating. If this has been asked before I'm sorry that I'm too lazy to search for the appropriate thread, but the point is a valid one.
    Everyone starts at 1200/provisional. This tells you nothing about their true playing strength.
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    2683
    18 Aug '06 17:21
    What are you on about? I mean that in the forum you will see the following next to my name for example :-

    Joined : 13 Apr '06
    Location : z00t Control Panel
    Moves : 1351
    Total recs : 0

    What I'm suggesting is that there be a column for one's rating so that I can save time instead of clicking on their name to see their rating. ie

    Joined : 13 Apr '06
    Location : z00t Control Panel
    Moves : 1351
    Total recs : 0
    Rating : 1791
  4. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Joined
    31 Jul '06
    Moves
    29649
    18 Aug '06 20:33
    Originally posted by z00t
    What are you on about? I mean that in the forum you will see the following next to my name for example :-

    Joined : 13 Apr '06
    Location : z00t Control Panel
    Moves : 1351
    Total recs : 0

    What I'm suggesting is that there be a column for one's rating so that I can save time instead of clicking on their name to see their rating. ie

    Joined : 13 Apr '06
    Location : z00t Control Panel
    Moves : 1351
    Total recs : 0
    Rating : 1791
    I think this is a good idea.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    19 Aug '06 20:43
    Originally posted by z00t
    Can one's rating be shown in forum posts? It saves me having to look up some loudmouths claims with a 1200/provisional rating. If this has been asked before I'm sorry that I'm too lazy to search for the appropriate thread, but the point is a valid one.
    There are loudmouths with high ratings and low.
    Are you saying anyone with a lower than such and such a rating is not to be believed or what???

    I have discovered a fair few loudmouths with high-ish ratings and vice-versa too....some highly intelligent people with low ratings.
  6. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    9180
    19 Aug '06 21:35
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Those with a rating less than 1800 shouldn't be allowed to post in the forums. Not even in Meet Opponents and the General forum.
    Damn with 1804 as your rating if you lose a game you won't be allowed to post in the forums you said?
  7. Standard membermochiron
    The Don
    Nihon
    Joined
    23 May '05
    Moves
    163528
    19 Aug '06 22:56
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Those with a rating less than 1800 shouldn't be allowed to post in the forums. Not even in Meet Opponents and the General forum.
    lol
  8. London
    Joined
    28 Sep '04
    Moves
    110329
    20 Aug '06 01:16
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Use these: ,
    Why did you pluralise that when there is only one there? "Use this"; this.
  9. B is for bye bye
    Joined
    09 Apr '06
    Moves
    27526
    20 Aug '06 16:46
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Because he should have used more than one of them. SO if I'd have said "use this:' " Then that would have implied that he should have inserted one comma into his sentence.
    Use this: .

    And you are showing an apostrophe when I think you mean to show a comma. Of course, I'm only a 1300 rating loudmouth.
  10. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    2683
    21 Aug '06 16:51
    What's it with semantics and some of you cowboys. If we wanted grammar 101 we would have logged on to the appropriate website. If you have nothing related to the matter being discussed then leave the thread in peace.
  11. Joined
    14 May '02
    Moves
    9580
    21 Aug '06 18:14
    Unless the post is a technical one about chess, the rating is irrelevant.

    How about displaying peoples IQs instead ?

    (Only teasing ! Please don't take me seriously !)
  12. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    30185
    21 Aug '06 19:39
    Originally posted by z00t
    What's it with semantics and some of you cowboys. If we wanted grammar 101 we would have logged on to the appropriate website. If you have nothing related to the matter being discussed then leave the thread in peace.
    Goes to show your notion of refering to someone's rating in order to ascertain some sort of 'forum posting quality' is pure BS, doesn't it?
  13. This is embarrasking
    Joined
    17 Nov '05
    Moves
    38581
    22 Aug '06 04:29
    Originally posted by bolshevik
    Unless the post is a technical one about chess, the rating is irrelevant.

    How about displaying peoples IQs instead ?

    (Only teasing ! Please don't take me seriously !)
    Actually, I think he has a point. When making a challenge to a player you meet in the forum it might be worth it for a quick glance. I wouldn't be against it. But I wouldn't think it is an absolute necessity either. It doesn't sound hard to implement but the Code Monkey would know more about that than I would.
  14. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    2683
    22 Aug '06 10:10
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Actually, I think he has a point. When making a challenge to a player you meet in the forum it might be worth it for a quick glance. I wouldn't be against it. But I wouldn't think it is an absolute necessity either. It doesn't sound hard to implement but the Code Monkey would know more about that than I would.
    Its just a query they need to add to the underlying code, its not a big deal. It saves having to click on someones profile and then possibly losing drift of the thread. Asd you have said you can easily challenge someone knowing their rating in the forum.
Back to Top