1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 12:38
    Originally posted by flexmore
    ironman certainly resorting to a lot of earbashing, explaining his loss.

it is quite a nice read.

Originally posted by Ironman31
    [b]1. e4 e6 2. d4 d5 3. Nc3 Bb4 4. e5 c5 5. a3 Bxc3+ 6. bxc3 Qc7
    A dubious choice for psychological and technical reasons. I used to play Ne7 at this point but I choose this conservative line because of my love for ...[text shortened]... d an excellent game!

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=20385&page=2[/b]
    It is funny, isn't it. That game was cited by a few A holes as proof positive that IM was an engine, due to the early resignation in an unclear position.

But Akizy says in his analysis of the game that the game was lost on move 15!!!

The same few A holes said that Akizy caught IM in an anti engine opening. Doesn't sound like that was going through Akizy's mind when you read his analysis.

Those very same A holes (well, just one actually) said that IM's analysis was crap. I guess he knows better than the best player on the site at the moment.

Akizy:"Very good analysis, Ironman. 7.....f5 is passive and gives white a clear plan to act on the kingside. Leaving the bishop on c1 and the rook on a1 makes it more difficult for black to decide where to place his knight. It also gives white the possibility to move the rook from h1-f1-d1-d3-g3 where it leads the attack. After 14....Nc4 and 15.a4! black is lost. 14....Rac8 gives more activity for black on the queenside.

Thanks, Akizy"

D
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 00:31
    Originally posted by dottewell
    To prove we are the best.

RHP could host a challenge (say 10 players v 10 players) against the best players from other chess sites. I guess players who play at more than one site would not be eligible.

Think of the tension when Akizy takes on Cyrano from Gameknot...
    That is an excellent idea!!!! I'll organise one with ww.Chess-knights.com/ !!! 😀
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 00:42
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    It is funny, isn't it. That game was cited by a few A holes as proof positive that IM was an engine, due to the early resignation in an unclear position.

The same few A holes said that Akizy caught IM in an anti engine opening. Doesn't sound like that was going through ...[text shortened]... lack is lost. 14....Rac8 gives more activity for black on the queenside.

Thanks, Akizy"

D
    And some defenders of blatant cheats are still telling lies months later. Go figure.
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 02:16
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

The same few A holes said that Akizy caught IM in an anti engine opening. Doesn't sound like that was going through ...[text shortened]... lack is lost. 14....Rac8 gives more activity for black on the queenside.

Thanks, Akizy"

D
    I'd like to give 100 recs both to Ragnorak and flexmore's posts.
    The guy was a true gentleman with an huge chess knowledge,nuff said.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 02:28
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I'd like to give 100 recs both to Ragnorak and flexmore's posts.
    The guy was a true gentleman with an huge chess knowledge,nuff said.
    Junior is very polite and has a huge chess knowledge, too. Being able to read some databases doesn't mean you can play better tactically than a GM on a consistent basis.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 08:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Junior is very polite and has a huge chess knowledge, too. Being able to read some databases doesn't mean you can play better tactically than a GM on a consistent basis.
    Fritz just ridicules me in silly voices. 😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree