1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 13:411 edit
    Originally posted by Ichibanov
    I do agree that the "c-word" is part of the problem. And I think Russ has that covered. People are now simply banned, with no mention as to why. Maybe Russ should switch from "banned" to "refunded" (which is the policy, I believe) to completely remove any implied stigma and keep the lawyers at bay.

Of course, that means no post-ban discussions of engine ...[text shortened]... allowed either. Right now, 3b'ers are pretty much fair game after they've been ejected.
    Agree. We're looking at nothing more or less than a gradual overhaul of the RHP culture... realistically, anything but an easy undertaking.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 03:381 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    post by grumpy bobby

"3. Present RHP Situation: Private suspicions unfounded accusations,
    public ill will, voluminous posts on the subject, negative internet press. "

Oh how right you are.

I came here to post another idea and read this thread.

Excellent idea to have this out in the open.
    The other poster is pointing out all the diff here on another matter
    so I have not thought all this out. But it's on the correct path.
    How do internet correspondence chess site competitors deal with the issue?
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 13:141 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    How do internet correspondence chess site competitors deal with the issue?
    They Don't in most instances. Even USCF told me they don't bother unless there is a HUGE outcry and overwhelming evidence... and even then they may not act. I sent them a message about a year ago on the topic and actually heard back to my surprise.

P-
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 14:592 edits
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    They Don't in most instances. Even USCF told me they don't bother unless there is a HUGE outcry and overwhelming evidence... and even then they may not act. I sent them a message about a year ago on the topic and actually heard back to my surprise.

P-
    Interesting, Phlab. Wonder why... Unable to due to a lack of effective (subjectivity/bias free) tools or Unwilling because

of the administrative nuisance and/or the litigation risk or because viewed as Unprofitable since the ongoing cost of the

solution may exceed the cost of the problem or some other cluster of perceptions and real world factors. What say you?

😉
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 15:29
    Interesting, Phlab. Wonder why... Unable to due to a lack of effective (subjectivity/bias free) tools or Unwilling because

of the administrative nuisance and/or the litigation risk or because viewed as Unprofitable since the ongoing cost of the

solution may exceed the cost of the problem or some other cluster of perceptions and real world factors. What say you?

😉
    Quit winking at me!

I would say becuase engines are already so ingrained into USCF since their inception. Too late to start bothering? A friend of mine says it is a big problem and there are many who wish something would be done about it.

P-
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 17:50
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Quit winking at me!

I would say becuase engines are already so ingrained into USCF since their inception. Too late to start bothering? A friend of mine says it is a big problem and there are many who wish something would be done about it.

P-
    Imagine loss of site integrity must be giving internet chess a bad name.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 18:19
    Imagine loss of site integrity must be giving internet chess a bad name.
    Hackers and cheaters give all multiplayer internet games a bad name. But they're still so much fun! Or can be.
  8. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 18:58
    //BUMP

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree