1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    24 Sep '06 18:40
    Originally posted by flexmore
    i would like to see a way for little kids to register at rhp ...as little kids.
    imagine a little kid wanting to play chess ...

unfortunately there is concern of abusers making contact so:

just let the kid play chess - leave everything the same but:
    1/remove the forum button,
    2/remove the recommended button,
    3/stop all messages.
    4/remove the profile description and picture.

what else would have to be done?
    It is impossible to stop kids accessing the forums.

The just access RHP but do not log in - this then allows them to view the forums.

Also you would then create a playground for the perverts for the future. They would know that all those that played at the "childsite" are under 13. When they were no longer able to play on the childsite but had progressed to RHP proper then the pervs would know that they had a 13 year old to target.

Not really such a good idea in my opinion.
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Sep '06 18:592 edits
    Originally posted by adramforall
    It is impossible to stop kids accessing the forums.

The just access RHP but do not log in - this then allows them to view the forums.

Also you would then create a playground for the perverts for the future. They would know that all those that played at the "childsite" are under 13. When they were no longer able to play on the childsite bu ...[text shortened]... uld know that they had a 13 year old to target.

Not really such a good idea in my opinion.
    Yeah, in a prior attempt to address this issue, i have come to realise that, allowing kids on this site, is akin to allowing kids into a late night bar (not exactly, but this is an analogy). This is an Adults site, frequented by adults, and should be left as such. Any access to the site by children is down to bad parenting, and should not be the users concearn. Lets keep the kids out for the late night bars instead, us adults worked for the right to have an area for us.

A seperate site is a possibility, but as i have no kids, its construction is not my concearn.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 00:28

3/stop all messages.

You could call the new site redhotkids. 😛

I like the idea of the sister site. I don't think Huck gets the idea that you are proposing a whole new interface with different address (like the existing TFC and RHP, etc), with the functionality you mentioned removed.

Its a good idea, but I haven't looked into the legalities behind Russ' original decision.

D
  4. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 00:561 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You could call the new site redhotkids. 😛

I like the idea of the sister site. I don't think Huck gets the idea that you are proposing a whole new interface with different address (like the existing TFC and RHP, etc), with the functionality you mentioned removed.

Its a good idea, but I haven't looked into the legalities behind Russ' original decision.

D
    I'm just scared this is going to become another crusade.
  5. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 03:34
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I'm just scared this is going to become another crusade.
    That is funny.

I'm sure kids play chess some where already. Why shouldn't they benefit from correspondence chess? Why shouldn’t Russ expand his possible revenues.

I do not think they should have free access to all the features as we do for the most part present company included where all adults.
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 03:442 edits
    Originally posted by IM4Y2NV
    That is funny.

I'm sure kids play chess some where already. Why shouldn't they benefit from correspondence chess? Why shouldn’t Russ expand his possible revenues.

I do not think they should have free access to all the features as we do for the most part present company included where all adults.
    I don't see how you got that from my posting, i have already said that a sister site is a good option, i just like this one the way it is. . .you have obviously misunderstood me.

If they let kids play on this site without the forums and in game chatting, that would be fine, but how do you stop them just joining this site instead ??

If a kid is equal to playing me, i have no problem playing them.
  7. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 03:522 edits
    I don't see how you got that from my posting, i have already said that a sister site is a good option, i just like this one the way it is. . .you have obviously misunderstood me.
    What I got out of your post was a laugh. I figured you where commenting on recent events and I took it as a joke. I said “That is funny." Then posted some support for kids having there own site.
  8. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 03:56
    Originally posted by IM4Y2NV
    What I got out of your post was a laugh. I figured you where commenting on recent events and I took it as a joke. I said “That is funny." Then posted some support for kids having there own site.
    AHH, No worries mate.

If you had been on the site longer, you'd have seen the last crusade about "the children". Quite a dumbass mess really.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 08:23
    AHH, No worries mate.

If you had been on the site longer, you'd have seen the last crusade about "the children". Quite a dumbass mess really.
    What crusade are you referring to?

D
  10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 14:49
    What crusade are you referring to?

D
    Are you saying you DON'T remember Red Nights "Clean The Forum" crusade ?
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 15:53
    Are you saying you DON'T remember Red Nights "Clean The Forum" crusade ?
    I generally don't read Red Night's threads. Trolls don't interest me that much.

I thought you were referring to when Russ originally implemented the 13+ rule.

D
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 16:063 edits
    I generally don't read Red Night's threads. Trolls don't interest me that much.

I thought you were referring to when Russ originally implemented the 13+ rule.

D
    Oh no, i'm talking about Red's first attempt to clean the forums up for the "Children", which fell at the first hurdle (or the first page of a 1000+ post thread, most of which was everyone telling red what a gonad he was), when he accused a female site member of soliciting children for sexual conversation. . . .This is, incidentally, the reason everyone thinks he's a Tube. (Americans- read for "Tube" - Bladder, or whatever they use to for the inside of a football).
  13. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 20:13
    [...]he's a Tube.
    Ages since I heard anyone called a "tube". Brought a tear to my eye ;-)

Besides, I have no objection to playing kids or anyone else (apart from having a few too many games in progress at the minute), if they are roughly the same ability as me. How do you tell someone is a kid anyway - do they move the pieces in a less adult fashion?

I am not crusading, but if a separate site could provide an interface for more people to play games without stuff which is potentially harmful/objectionable, then why not? A school or parent could permit access to RHK, but ban all the others. If a parent were to decide that their child is grown up enough to play on the adult site, and unblock it, then who is to know? There is no need for RHP to restrict anyone to any particular site, so how do you tell the difference between someone who ignores messages, and a child? Adults could play there if they don't want to receive messages or use the forums.

Have fun boys and girls,
    Gezza
  14. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 04:00

3/stop all messages.

I like the idea, but I can also understand that Russ may want to avoid the liability associated with such a site. My son plays chess, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any good sites for him to play on.
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 09:21
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    I like the idea, but I can also understand that Russ may want to avoid the liability associated with such a site. My son plays chess, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any good sites for him to play on.
    Why not? What criteria are you looking for. If he could just play chess with absolutely no other communication, would that do for you?

I think this is all a moot point anyway, as I believe that even getting an email address off a minor requires parental permission, which is what Russ doesn't want to do.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree