1. Here
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 09:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You still have no idea what you are talking about. It has already been demonstrated to you, with reference that there are little to no incentives for colluding. I have explained it, Russ has explained it, moonbus has explained it and its self evident to anyone who has taken the time to examine any of the challenges and the data. If you don't underst ...[text shortened]... ING of and this is the reason that all you seem capable of proffering is silly punitive actions.
    You might only gain a point here and point there but you will still have gained a point here and a point there
    It would not take long to amass quite a few points here and there
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 10:18
    Originally posted by padger
    You might only gain a point here and point there but you will still have gained a point here and a point there
    Spot on
    Robbie wants it should be reason enough n ever to use the Elo
    But many more reasons
    1 it will not stop collusion
    2 stagnate the challenges
    Robbie can jump about arm waving all he wants saying we don't understand his problem is we do understand it will never work as long as cheats like him go unpunished
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 10:361 edit
    More bull than a herd of Texan longhorns. A point here and a point there? You could say the same thing about playing any clan that is lower rated. Stagnation is not even real. Why don't you take a look ay some of the data that has already been produced instead of making up fantasy scenarios that have never happened and are never likely to happen.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 10:532 edits
    For the first time ever we have an actual indication of a clans playing strength and all the whingers can do is mope around chewing grass and catching flies. The Elo system is brilliant because it singlehandedly negates any major effect of both sandbagging and collusion, of prematurely resigning and throwing games. Good luck to all!
  5. Here
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 10:571 edit
    More bull than a herd of Texan longhorns. A point here and a point there? You could say the same thing about playing any clan that is lower rated. Stagnation is not even real. Why don't you take a look ay some of the data that has already been produced instead of making up fantasy scenarios that have never happened and are never likely to happen.
    there is no point because the data already supplied is not what would have happened if ELO was in place
    It would still not stop you from doing what you are already doing
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 12:432 edits
    there is no point because the data already supplied is not what would have happened if ELO was in place
    It would still not stop you from doing what you are already doing
    I am going to say this for the last time. We cannot prevent sandbagging and we cannot prevent collusion. What the ELO system does rather excellently is to negate their effects. If you do not understand why then I suggest you look at some examples.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 13:15
    On another note.

Russ. Can you have a look at the challenge statistics for the clans ?

The challenge and game statistics for each clan seem to be way out of whack.

Whatever system we arrive at in the end, we still need to have accurate statistics for each clan.

Did Metallica really win 1800 challenges in 2016 ??

Thanks.
  8. Here
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 14:23
    I am going to say this for the last time. We cannot prevent sandbagging and we cannot prevent collusion. What the ELO system does rather excellently is to negate their effects. If you do not understand why then I suggest you look at some examples.
    I hope you say whatever you are going to say for the last time because I will say over and over ELO will not work for a group of people because it was not designed for it
    ELO was invented for use with a single person in tournament play
    It was not even meant to work for ordinary games between two people
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 15:07
    After years of complaining about sandbagging and months of praising the virtues of the ELO system stopping sandbagging in its' tracks, now you come up with this gem !! 😲😲😲😲

What did you really want all along ?
  10. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 15:08
    I hope you say whatever you are going to say for the last time because I will say over and over ELO will not work for a group of people because it was not designed for it
    you have oroved beyond all doubt the ELO system will not work for clans

Robbie behaving like a spoilt child as usual when he does not get his own way, curious only his puppy who never has an idea, suddenly appears to say no punishments should take place,
    robbie is a cheat no other way to put it, remove the rotten apples the rest of the barrel is saved
  11. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 15:21
    then how are you going to explain only getting 9 points for a similar challenge against the Arrow on the 3rd of March 2017? Did you seriously think that you could cherry pick your data and attempt to make some kind of point on the fact that when the system started it was rather obvious that there would be a greater disparity until ratings levelled ou ...[text shortened]... u are busted gain Mahgoobs this time for cherry picking. what kind of fools do you take us for?
    I know why it happened.
    Russ arbitrarily set every clan to have a clan rating of 1200 on Jan 1st 2016.

So for the first few challenges Easy Riders and Anti-Metallica clans were considered equally rated or close to it.

That allowed your clan to get the fake challenges in the books.

That amounts to closing the barn doors after the cows got out.

It is you who is cherry-picking your examples by selecting challenges later in the year when there was some rating daylight between the colluding clans.

The issue here is that the challenges should have been declared null and void.
    And clan suspensions to follow.
    No amount of IT programming will bring that about.

The forum readership is expecting a little better than this from the site administration.

Let the chips fall where they may.
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 15:27
    You've been saying this for the last time for a week now.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 15:47
    another steaming pile of Texan longhorn, spare us please.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 15:491 edit
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    I know why it happened.
    Russ arbitrarily set every clan to have a clan rating of 1200 on Jan 1st 2016.

So for the first few challenges Easy Riders and Anti-Metallica clans were considered equally rated or close to it.

That allowed your clan to get the fake challenges in the books.

That amounts to closing the barn doors after the cows got out.

It ...[text shortened]... g a little better than this from the site administration.

Let the chips fall where they may.
    Challenges later are obviously going to be more accurate and reflective of challenges at the beginning. Another EPIC fail of yours. You fly catchers have nothing, The ELO system is awesome, its you that suck.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 15:51
    I am done here, the ELO system satisfies all requirements, it provide no incentives for sandbaggers, conspirators, those who throw games or make premature draws. Russ has done brilliantly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree