1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    134832
    06 Apr '17 12:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    because we have a viable system no need to waste time of crackpot ideas.
    Why don't you take a crack at my question.

    2 clans with clan ratings 300 points apart have a 1 player challenge in front of them where the 2 players are equally rated.

    Yet one clan stands to gain 5 rating points by winning and the other 30 rating points.

    Yet each clan has a 50% chance of winning.
    Why would the higher rated clan even agree to this challenge ??

    And before you tell me player ratings are irrelevant, what do clan leaders who issue the challenge look at ??
    You're a clan leader (we think).

    They look at the players !!
    They select the players from both clans for the challenge.
    Based on player strength !!
    And with the 200 point rating protection, the challenges will balanced.

    In this example, the challenge will never happen !!
    A lot of fair challenges will be wiped out by this new regime !!

    But we all know you like it.
    It gives you the utopia you crave !!

    But in the interests of reality, please answer this question.
    Or don't answer it !!

    It is on Russ' plate either way.
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    06 Apr '17 14:291 edit
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    Why don't you take a crack at my question.

    2 clans with clan ratings 300 points apart have a 1 player challenge in front of them where the 2 players are equally rated.

    Yet one clan stands to gain 5 rating points by winning and the other 30 rating points.

    Yet each clan has a 50% chance of winning.
    Why would the higher rated clan even agree to thi ...[text shortened]... ality, please answer this question.
    Or don't answer it !!

    It is on Russ' plate either way.
    This already happens between individual players, you are griping about nothing again, Mahgoobs.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    134832
    06 Apr '17 16:051 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    This already happens between individual players, you are griping about nothing again, Mahgoobs.
    Clans are different.
    The players are equally rated and the challenge is balanced.
    The risk reward is not balanced !!

    For you to be griping for years about inequality and now stick your head in the sand on this good question is par for the course for you.
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    06 Apr '17 16:59
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    Clans are different.
    The players are equally rated and the challenge is balanced.
    The risk reward is not balanced !!

    For you to be griping for years about inequality and now stick your head in the sand on this good question is par for the course for you.
    yeah because you say so, neeeext spangle, send him in please.
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    143796
    07 Apr '17 00:38
    The point is valid

    If the clan rating by itself is used to determine the winner, the system is less playable

    No way to go up significantly, if you're at or near the top

    Little enticement to play a lower ranked clan rating-wise

    It's better to decline challenges and preserve your rating


    Clan play is different that individual play

    Additional metrics, like net or gross points, should also be considered
  6. Here
    Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    288837
    07 Apr '17 06:45
    The whole ELO system is flawed because it was meant for a player not a group of players
    If this is implemented it will just end in stagnation with no clans accepting challenges from other clans and everybody finishing up with the same rating
  7. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    341519
    07 Apr '17 09:36
    Originally posted by padger
    The whole ELO system is flawed because it was meant for a player not a group of players
    If this is implemented it will just end in stagnation with no clans accepting challenges from other clans and everybody finishing up with the same rating
    the ELO is good but no use for the clans its like using the rules of tennis for football or snooker for rugby, totally will not work,
    russ has said it willl be to complicated for a seperate player clan rating for each player but we are getting a clan rating that makes no sense and will not stop sand bagging or collusion.
    only the biggest cheat on here wants it, i wonder why?

    points removal suspension that will be a good start

    no amnesty
Back to Top