1. Here
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 07:51
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    That's how votes work, the leading option wins, pure and simple.

If one option had to outnumber all the others combined, we'd never get a solution.
    People voting for #1 were wasting their vote, that was my point, which others have also stated.

I just hope they come up with a solution soon, just put an end to all this nonsense.
    Not everyone will be pleased, but that's just life.
    When 1 and 2 are the same option then the vote is still 60+ do not want ELO and if it is implemented I for one would not pay this site another penny
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 16:11

If one option had to outnumber all the others combined, we'd never get a solution.
    People voting for #1 were wasting their vote, that was my point, which others have also stated.

I just hope they come up with a solution soon, just put an end to all this nonsense.
    You are nuts.

1 & 2 are the same option, except two carries the punishment phase.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 19:26

You've missed the point !!
    1 & 2 should never have been offered as separate options !!

That they were is suspicious in nature.
    Designed to split the vote to prevent a particular outcome and give a 3rd option a chance at winning..

The clan rating option (and let's stop calling it ELO, it's a clan rating) could just as easily have been
    offered as 2 options - with and without a punishment protocol.

That's why I called this vote a sham !!!!
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 22:06
    Calm down, people. It's just a preliminary vote.

It's clear that net points enjoys more support than ELO. So now we wait and see how Russ responds to the result.
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 13:31
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Calm down, people. It's just a preliminary vote.

It's clear that net points enjoys more support than ELO. So now we wait and see how Russ responds to the result.
    I'll second this

the vote is a check in, a sounding

designed to figure out the next move

behind the (very good) interface there are a few good chess players

they are also programmers (programmers can only do so much)

although i did not like the phrasing of the options in the vote

i'm certain a real person will be there to weigh the result (that's you Russ)

the result will be considered carefully

the available resources will be correctly allocated

a more playable clan system will be achieved

for the record, i love this site

my membership fee is certain, i'm going to stick around regardless of the outcome

thanks
    ~leo
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 13:544 edits
    I resent and protest this vote. The second option is based on an assumption of guilt that certain clans have behaved in a manner that is worthy of censure. To my knowledge not a single rule has been broken and those how have made accusations have been unable to proffer a single piece of evidence of a single game where the outcome was prearranged despite being asked numerous times to do so. If you want to keep the system as it is then fine, but to punish clans on the basis of baseless allegations is immoral, unjust and simply pandering to those whose tears have fallen like rain because they were outplayed and out-gamed last year. We all know who they are.

Furthermore there have been countless baseless objections to the ELO system made by those who do not understand how it works. We know who these are as well. Clearly the system needs major reform, keeping it as it is a real no brainer (but then again so are the people who voted for it) and clearly there is just as much popular support for reform.
  7. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 14:01
    I'm not "nuts", I was only making observation, no need to jump down my throat guys.... Christ if anything I'm on YOUR side.

As dogg says, it's preliminary, and Russ himself hasn't declared whether it's binding or not,
    so why don't we just wait and see what happens now?

Let's play some chess, dammit! It's what we're here for!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 14:13
    I'm not "nuts", I was only making observation, no need to jump down my throat guys.... Christ if anything I'm on YOUR side.

As dogg says, it's preliminary, and Russ himself hasn't declared whether it's binding or not,
    so why don't we just wait and see what happens now?

Let's play some chess, dammit! It's what we're here for!
    vote for ELO dude, you will not regret it!
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 14:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I resent and protest this vote. The second option is based on an assumption of guilt that certain clans have behaved in a manner that is worthy of censure. To my knowledge not a single rule has been broken and those how have made accusations have been unable to proffer a single piece of evidence of a single game where the outcome was prearranged de ...[text shortened]... o are the people who voted for it) and clearly there is just as much popular support for reform.
    The proof carrobie is every challenge you arranged with the Arrow, anti metallica, breaking bad and Lemondrops scumbag clan, ....that being......all of them.

You cheated all last year and you continue to cheat this year. Looking forward to seeing you and your colluding scumbag colleges booted from the site in punishment for destroying the pleasure others have in playing fair and competitively. This action will save the owner a whole lot of money that's for sure.

Time to start looking for another site to destroy carrobie. Bye Bye !!
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 14:35
    Vote is closed. Who voted for what is now visible.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 15:231 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Well well we now know who our friends are. Thankyou Russ for voting for a system that would have made the present one not only fairer and more competitive but also more exciting,
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 15:25
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    The proof carrobie is every challenge you arranged with the Arrow, anti metallica, breaking bad and Lemondrops scumbag clan, ....that being......all of them.

You cheated all last year and you continue to cheat this year. Looking forward to seeing you and your colluding scumbag colleges booted from the site in punishment for destroying the pleasure ...[text shortened]... money that's for sure.

Time to start looking for another site to destroy carrobie. Bye Bye !!
    I am gonna be honest I don't even read your drool anymore, sorry.
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 15:55
    vote for ELO dude, you will not regret it!
    We already have an ELO. At the player level.
    Let's refer to the system you want with the proper name.
    It is a clan rating system, which is full of flaws.

We will let the votes be counted.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 15:56
    Originally posted by Russ
    Where are the results visible ?
    And who can see them ?
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 16:041 edit
    I resent and protest this vote. The second option is based on an assumption of guilt that certain clans have behaved in a manner that is worthy of censure. To my knowledge not a single rule has been broken and those how have made accusations have been unable to proffer a single piece of evidence of a single game where the outcome was prearranged de ...[text shortened]... o are the people who voted for it) and clearly there is just as much popular support for reform.
    The discussion of proof has ended a long time ago !!
    You continue to squawk like a parrot that no smoking gun has been presented.
    This is the real world and a smoking gun is not needed when the evidence that is out there is more than sufficient and overwhelming.

Russ already put in changes to the clan system in Jan 2016 because of what you and your 3 sister clans did !!
    And the statistics I provided after those changes is also overwhelming.
    Who needs a smoking gun ?
    What do you think we need to have on you ??
    A video of you, McTayto and Vespin in the back of a Burger King plotting this out ??

Get over it !!
    You've already been exposed !!
    Otherwise, why would we all be having this pleasant conversation in the site ideas forum ?? 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree