1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 03:50
    The clans that are "up for leadership" could be available on a page, just like the clans are now. How about an icon on the clan that notifies others that the clan leadership is available?

A member would have to click the "apply for the leader position", just like a Challenge this Clan button. Once the prospective leader "applies", the clan membership can (1) vote and comment internally or (2) the current leader could turn it over. Either way, the clan would have a chance to vet the candidate leader. They could look at how long a member, rating record, time outs record, forum postings, and then make a decision - or - just approve the transfer if they don't care.

There's justification for doing this and no reason not to, other than a few minutes of code time, right?
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 13:58
    Originally posted by coquette
    The clans that are "up for leadership" could be available on a page, just like the clans are now. How about an icon on the clan that notifies others that the clan leadership is available?

A member would have to click the "apply for the leader position", just like a Challenge this Clan button. Once the prospective leader "applies", the clan membership can ...[text shortened]... justification for doing this and no reason not to, other than a few minutes of code time, right?
    Nice idea Cocky, but I can't really see much mileage in it.
    I've already offered the leadership internally via "message all members".
    I'm sure you have the same problem as me in that some members don't ever bother to open messages.!!
    Regarding a page of available clans for leadership, would anyone look at it?
    The answer is probably yes , but only the cranks who would apply just for devilment i.e the same ones that have managed to get the clan forum shut down.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Jan '16 10:16
    Originally posted by coquette

A member would have to click the "apply for the leader position", just like a Challenge this Clan button. Once the prospective leader "applies", the clan membership can ...[text shortened]... justification for doing this and no reason not to, other than a few minutes of code time, right?
    In fact I still think this to be a good idea.

Plus I would put the founding of new Clans on hold.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 09:19
    Except that people who want to create a clan want to follow their own ideas of what the clan should be about. If you expect them to take over another clan, instead of creating their own clan, then they should be given free reign to craft that clan into their own image, rather than be locked into keeping the clan the way it is. People always want to put conditions on the people who agree to take over a clan, but this is the main reason why people do not take over clans and would rather start their own.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 11:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Except that people who want to create a clan want to follow their own ideas of what the clan should be about. If you expect them to take over another clan, instead of creating their own clan, then they should be given free reign to craft that clan into their own image, rather than be locked into keeping the clan the way it is. People always want to put co ...[text shortened]... but this is the main reason why people do not take over clans and would rather start their own.
    Of course. Clan leaders are not reigned in by anything. So some Clans have a Grand total Players of one...
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 00:301 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Of course. Clan leaders are not reigned in by anything. So some Clans have a Grand total Players of one...
    But popular clans like coquette's might not tolerate many changes, or they might become one of those "clan of one" clans. Clans are composed of real people, some of whom joined that clan for certain reasons and if the new clan leader introduces changes, some of those people who like the clan the way it is might leave. So anyone taking over is locked in to the current form of the clan or they risk alienating the current players.
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 02:38
    Just as a side note, The Simpsons clan needs a new leader
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 11:022 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But popular clans like coquette's might not tolerate many changes, or they might become one of those "clan of one" clans. Clans are composed of real people, some of whom joined that clan for certain reasons and if the new clan leader introduces changes, some of those people who like the clan the way it is might leave. So anyone taking over is locked in to the current form of the clan or they risk alienating the current players.
    In fact I was mainly thinkingin thus:

* A lot of Clans are founded and never get a lot of members nor games. They tend to go to disregard. However aspiring new captains could take over one of These instead of founding a new one.

* As far as I know if a cpatin of a clan gets lost members can nominate a new one and Russ lets that Person take over (we did that in the NacMacFeegles Clan years back).

* Smokie disolved his clan when no member stepped up for taking over...A new Person could have a clan with some statistics.

I accept your Point not to "force" a new leader on a clan. However there are plenty of sleeping Clans around.
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 21:19
    Leadership brings responsibilities and a lot of people are uncomfortable with this.
    A typical attitude at clubs/clans is everyone want's to take part but nobody want's to put in the necessary effort to make it work.
    There are exceptions of course.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree