Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 13 Mar '14 12:12
    I think one reason that there may be a decrease in the participation here is the very long lag between the end of one season and the start of the next. Why should it be so long (at least three months this time and I think it was longer.
  2. Subscriber padger On Vacation
    14 Mar '14 08:18
    Another reason maybe that people are fed up with getting games where they have no chance of winning from the start
    There must be some way of banding the leagues
  3. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    17 Mar '14 14:46
    Originally posted by padger
    Another reason maybe that people are fed up with getting games where they have no chance of winning from the start
    There must be some way of banding the leagues
    I think they should have scrapped the whole 'promotion/relegation' thingy years ago, but the few that actually play the clan leagues clutch onto that like the last dry scrap of wood on a sinking ship.
  4. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    18 Mar '14 14:22
    Originally posted by padger
    Another reason maybe that people are fed up with getting games where they have no chance of winning from the start
    There must be some way of banding the leagues
    I can't think of a way.
    Even if you took average rating of the whole 4 or 6 entrants and formed banded leagues that way there'd still be mis matches.
    On the plus side they might attract more clans.
    I'm surprised the clan league promoter in chief hasn'g got something to say on this one
    Dean -where are you?
  5. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    18 Mar '14 15:54
    Originally posted by venda
    I can't think of a way.
    Even if you took average rating of the whole 4 or 6 entrants and formed banded leagues that way there'd still be mis matches.
    On the plus side they might attract more clans.
    I'm surprised the clan league promoter in chief hasn'g got something to say on this one
    Dean -where are you?
    You cannot avoid occasional mismatches (even in banded tourneys), but many of them would be removed if teams were assigned a division based on average team rating.
  6. 19 Mar '14 17:02
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    You cannot avoid occasional mismatches (even in banded tourneys), but many of them would be removed if teams were assigned a division based on average team rating.
    Well, we lost on both criteria. We (Team Canada) were supposed to be promoted and were not (6 person teams and 7:14, just started) and so we have a very strong team that is not in the first division. Every one of my games is against someone over 300 points below me. I do not see a good explanation for this. I actually really liked this format and am seriously disappointed.
  7. Subscriber padger On Vacation
    19 Mar '14 17:37
    Originally posted by wsossin
    Well, we lost on both criteria. We (Team Canada) were supposed to be promoted and were not (6 person teams and 7:14, just started) and so we have a very strong team that is not in the first division. Every one of my games is against someone over 300 points below me. I do not see a good explanation for this. I actually really liked this format and am seriously disappointed.
    Hate to say I told you so