Clan Leagues

Clan Leagues

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
13 Mar 14

I think one reason that there may be a decrease in the participation here is the very long lag between the end of one season and the start of the next. Why should it be so long (at least three months this time and I think it was longer.

Here

Moves
14 Mar 14

Another reason maybe that people are fed up with getting games where they have no chance of winning from the start
There must be some way of banding the leagues

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
17 Mar 14

Originally posted by padger
Another reason maybe that people are fed up with getting games where they have no chance of winning from the start
I think they should have scrapped the whole 'promotion/relegation' thingy years ago, but the few that actually play the clan leagues clutch onto that like the last dry scrap of wood on a sinking ship.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
18 Mar 14

Originally posted by padger
I can't think of a way.
Even if you took average rating of the whole 4 or 6 entrants and formed banded leagues that way there'd still be mis matches.
On the plus side they might attract more clans.
I'm surprised the clan league promoter in chief hasn'g got something to say on this one
Dean -where are you?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 Mar 14

Originally posted by venda
I can't think of a way.
Even if you took average rating of the whole 4 or 6 entrants and formed banded leagues that way there'd still be mis matches.
On the plus side they might attract more clans.
I'm surprised the clan league promoter in chief hasn'g got something to say on this one
Dean -where are you?
You cannot avoid occasional mismatches (even in banded tourneys), but many of them would be removed if teams were assigned a division based on average team rating.

w

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
You cannot avoid occasional mismatches (even in banded tourneys), but many of them would be removed if teams were assigned a division based on average team rating.
Well, we lost on both criteria. We (Team Canada) were supposed to be promoted and were not (6 person teams and 7:14, just started) and so we have a very strong team that is not in the first division. Every one of my games is against someone over 300 points below me. I do not see a good explanation for this. I actually really liked this format and am seriously disappointed.

Here

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by wsossin
Well, we lost on both criteria. We (Team Canada) were supposed to be promoted and were not (6 person teams and 7:14, just started) and so we have a very strong team that is not in the first division. Every one of my games is against someone over 300 points below me. I do not see a good explanation for this. I actually really liked this format and am seriously disappointed.
Hate to say I told you so