1. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 01:27
    its obvious some clans recruit members then rotate them with other players to manipulate clan points.

As many leaders may agree that run 20 man squads its frustrating to organise 20 v 20 when some members are unavailbe for challenges for long periods of time, for a number of reasons they are overloaded with games or they are slow movers etc.

Its frustrating for players being booted from the team because they maybe unavailable to play for a period of time.

And to make clan points scoring fairer how about introducing a 10 man bench where unavailable clan members can be moved to and replaced by an available member with out physically being booted by the team leader.

any clan challenge that starts from that point members must be either a part of the 20 man team or sitting on the teams bench for points to count for that player when the clan challenge ends., if they are not either of these 2 things then the points that player was worth to the challenge should be deducted from the overall points.

would this be a possibility to introduce?
  2. 100$ de l'heure.
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 12:26
    Originally posted by barstudd
    its obvious some clans recruit members then rotate them with other players to manipulate clan points.

As many leaders may agree that run 20 man squads its frustrating to organise 20 v 20 when some members are unavailbe for challenges for long periods of time, for a number of reasons they are overloaded with games or they are slow movers etc.

Its fru ...[text shortened]... llenge should be deducted from the overall points.

would this be a possibility to introduce?
    I think it's a good idea. But I would set the bench to 5 players instead of 10. Just to limit bad intentions...
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 14:25
    I just think that the "revolving door" clan memberships, where a 20 member clan is really 40 members coming in and going out, should be fixed easily by a simple rule or two:

1. Once you leave a clan you are not eligible to join that clan again for (your suggestion here, but maybe "two" or more) years.

and, or

2. Once you leave a clan, your wins and losses will no longer count toward the clan's match score. that is, they will count as forfeit losses for that clan match.

POOF! no more rotating doors!
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 16:082 edits
    Originally posted by coquette
    I just think that the "revolving door" clan memberships, where a 20 member clan is really 40 members coming in and going out, should be fixed easily by a simple rule or two:

1. Once you leave a clan you are not eligible to join that clan again for (your suggestion here, but maybe "two" or more) years.

and, or

2. Once you leave a clan, your wins and is, they will count as forfeit losses for that clan match.

POOF! no more rotating doors!
    I think a rule should be made against clans rotating clan members for more players. If caught the clan should be disbanded and wiped off the charts with all their stats. Poof, no more rotating clans. It would not be that hard for the mods or RHP staff to monitor. The rule for clans is 20 members at the most and 20 only. If caught breaking this rule by whatever means, I think it would be, and should be considered as cheating.
    It amazes me how people on this site (and others) will do anything possible, including cheating to win. Don't people ever understand that you really didn't win if your not playing the game the way it's suppose to be played. You really didn't win if you cheated. It might appear that you won, But in reality you really didn't win. What fun is it to appear you won, but you really didn't because you cheated. It doesn't make sense to me. I mean it's a game for God's sake. Play it fair wither win, lose or draw. We are here to have fun.
    I know I for one am getting very sick of all the cheating going on in correspondence chess on all chess sites. It could be very fun, But a few just seem to have to ruin it for everyone just so they can get that win and look like big bad chess players to others.

This is not a bad suggestion, But I as a clan leader have accidentally kicked members of our clan before by mistake. Once I pushed the wrong kick button. And once a member got kicked while creating our clan web page and private clan tournament page by mistake. I still don't know how that one happened, but it did. I would hate to have to tell them, oops see ya in a couple years.

2. Once you leave a clan, your wins and losses will no longer count toward the clan's match score. that is, they will count as forfeit losses for that clan match.
    This suggestion would take care of the rotating clan members problem. But I see it as opening up cans of worms in many area's. If you think about it, it won't take long for you to see what I mean.
  5. 100$ de l'heure.
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 18:12
    But I as a clan leader have accidentally kicked members of our clan before by mistake. Once I pushed the wrong kick button
    How come there's no confirmation box when you click the "kick" button?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

"Do you really want to kick MYDEARFRIEND off your clan?" YES or NO

Should not be that complicated?

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

OK, I was a bit off the track with that post, sorry guys, but man I feel so much better now...
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 18:471 edit
    Originally posted by cubitus
    How come there's no confirmation box when you click the "kick" button?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

"Do you really want to kick MYDEARFRIEND off your clan?" YES or NO

Should not be that complicated?

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

OK, I was a bit off the track with that post, sorry guys, but man I feel so much better now...
    lol, Yes, it was another stupid mistake of mine. I went to kick another player who had disappeared for weeks and timed out on clan games. I was a little mad and clicked on the wrong kick button and confirmed the kick without reading it thinking I had kicked the right person. I'm more careful now. 🙄 Even throw some of my chess moves won't back that up. 😞
  7. Joined
    28 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 20:02
    Run this by me again. A clan leader temporarily kicks a player who is unavailable for challenges and adds a player from a "farm team," just to keep lots of challenges going, or bigger challenges? Is that what's happening? I never noticed, but then, it never occurred to me that this could be happening.
  8. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 20:58
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    I think a rule should be made against clans rotating clan members for more players. If caught the clan should be disbanded and wiped off the charts with all their stats. Poof, no more rotating clans. It would not be that hard for the mods or RHP staff to monitor. The rule for clans is 20 members at the most and 20 only. If caught breaking this rule ...[text shortened]... ny area's. If you think about it, it won't take long for you to see what I mean.
    So maybe since we have Game Mods and Forum mods we should have "Clan Mods"?

That is a decent idea...if some clans are manipulating the system then someone should be there to review any feedback from concerned members and look at the situation.

How does that sound?

Dave
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 21:301 edit
    Originally posted by luctruc
    Run this by me again. A clan leader temporarily kicks a player who is unavailable for challenges and adds a player from a "farm team," just to keep lots of challenges going, or bigger challenges? Is that what's happening? I never noticed, but then, it never occurred to me that this could be happening.
    I will try and explain it to you.

Some clans actually have more members than 20 players playing for their clan. They fill the first 20 clan members up with clan games for clan challenges and then those first 20 leave the clan for awhile. (or however many members), and then 20 other players (or however many) join the clan and then they are filled up with games for clan challenges for that clan. Meaning they actually have 40 players playing clan games for their clan. (or however many)
    This way a clan can play twice as many clan challenges than a normal clan. And rack up twice as many points as a normal clan. Some clans rotate far less than 20 people. some rotate 5 extra players and so on.

I hope I explained it well enough for you.
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 21:38
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    So maybe since we have Game Mods and Forum mods we should have "Clan Mods"?

That is a decent idea...if some clans are manipulating the system then someone should be there to review any feedback from concerned members and look at the situation.

How does that sound?

Dave
    Sound good to me. I don't know if you would have to have clan mods. I think one person could keep pretty easy track of this. And once it's enforced I think it would stop.
    But it is NOT against the rules at this present time to rotate clan members. So really you can not say anyone is cheating or breaking the rules by doing this.
  11. Joined
    28 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 21:53
    I will try and explain it to you.

Some clans actually have more members than 20 players playing for their clan. They fill the first 20 clan members up with clan games for clan challenges and then those first 20 leave the clan for awhile. (or however many members), and then 20 other players (or however many) join the clan and then they are filled u ...[text shortened]... people. some rotate 5 extra players and so on.

I hope I explained it well enough for you.
    Thanks for the explanation. This practice makes a lot of the statistics on the "All Clans" page pretty meaningless.
  12. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 22:401 edit
    Sound good to me. I don't know if you would have to have clan mods. I think one person could keep pretty easy track of this. And once it's enforced I think it would stop.
    But it is NOT against the rules at this present time to rotate clan members. So really you can not say anyone is cheating or breaking the rules by doing this.
    Well from what it seems that even though it is not "against" the rules to do this bait and switch thing...it does seem a little unethical...basically given certain clans an advantage over others.

Now certain clans will have that already...do to how they do their challenges and the strength of there players...but a "lazy Susan" effect of rotating players in and out to get more points and all doesn't seem all that fair and does seem a manipulation of the system.

If you think one person could watch over this I would gladly offer my services for it. Becaue when it came to making a decision on this it would be pretty straightforward.

Someone should let Russ know and there should be a vote on the guidelines...as well as a vote on the penalties for breaking them.

Dave
  13. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 23:32
    I see no evidence of this sort of behaviour.
    Look through the clan list and against each member of a given clan you can see when they joined. If clans were rotating in this way, then lots of people would be shown as having recently joined a clan.
    That's not what I see - I see lots of people that have been in the clans they are in for a long time.

However - the idea of a 'bench' appeals - where in addition to the players stating their availability for clan challenges, the clan leader gets to decide who is included in challenges from other clans.

Even better would be the option for a player (who belongs to more than one clan) to decide individually which clans they are available to play for, instead of the 'all-or-nothing' flag that exists now.
  14. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 23:422 edits
    Just to shine a further bit of light on this idea.

If a player chooses to just leave a clan then he would automatically be dropped to one of the bench places where a symbol appears next to his name and cannot be reinstated into that team atleast until he has no games remaining for that team, if the clan leader chooses to boot the player then he is making the decision to sacrifice the worth of that players points., this helps clans from from losing deserved points and other clans earning undeserved points.

The 10 reserve positions wouldnt have to show on the main clan page however have a link that shows the clans reserve bench of players.

The players Profile for affiliated clans remains the same even when moved to a bench position.

This allows team to keep as many available members as possible as to be able to produce better quality challenges with out actually it being a case of cheating.
  15. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    25 Mar '08 13:49
    IVV and metallica are the 2 clans abusing this system 🙂.over loading players when they join them remove them for another member, load new member up then they leave and so on, and then points are flying from everywhere 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree