1. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Mar '08 00:35
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    IVV and metallica are the 2 clans abusing this system 🙂.over loading players when they join them remove them for another member, load new member up then they leave and so on, and then points are flying from everywhere 🙂
    So do you actually like the idea I have come up with?...its fairer all clans, aswell as user friendly for clan leaders and members.
  2. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '08 01:07
    Originally posted by barstudd
    So do you actually like the idea I have come up with?...its fairer all clans, aswell as user friendly for clan leaders and members.
    That could work...but alot of coding involved maybe.

But I like the flag system.

Very good idea...still need someone to watch over it or implement it.

Dave
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    26 Mar '08 02:22
    IVV and metallica are the 2 clans abusing this system 🙂.over loading players when they join them remove them for another member, load new member up then they leave and so on, and then points are flying from everywhere 🙂
    Wow that is a terrible accusation against IVV. Metallica can defend themselves or not as the case may be 😛

Lets look at some Clan loyalty facts starting with your Clan.

Clan challenge 92494 was started by yourselves on the 18th January 2007.

Of the 20 members involved in that challenge only jl1000, wargamer66, jamjamjoe, Lundos, Smiffy, Loose Screw, zorro34us, cestrianlabrador and Dan Albright remain as members and of these Lundos left and rejoined on the 14th March 2008.

That means that your clan membership has had 12 new additions in the last 12 months or a 60% change in membership.

Now looking at IVV Clan 24298 we have

11 members who have been with us since 2005
    2 members have been with us since 2006
    6 members joined in 2007
    1 member joined this year

In the last 12 months we have only had 6 new members. A 30% change in membership.

No-one that has formerly been a member of IVV and has left has been readmitted.

So before you start casting aspersions about IVV loading up players and then changing them for new players you should check your facts and then make sure that your clan is not in a worse position than those you accuse.

Looking at some of our recently left players we have the likes of Cambridgeian (12 clan games to finish) Idioms (No outstanding clan games) kingz2000 (no outstanding IVV clan games) bsquared (No outstanding clan games).

Doesn't exactly fit the criteria of us overloading members and then replacing them with new one now does it?

I really think Smiffy needs to come back and offer a sincere apology to IVV for his groundless accusations.

😠
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    26 Mar '08 02:31
    Originally posted by barstudd
    its obvious some clans recruit members then rotate them with other players to manipulate clan points.

As many leaders may agree that run 20 man squads its frustrating to organise 20 v 20 when some members are unavailbe for challenges for long periods of time, for a number of reasons they are overloaded with games or they are slow movers etc.

Its fru ...[text shortened]... llenge should be deducted from the overall points.

would this be a possibility to introduce?
    This happens with very few clans but it does happen.

Organising 20 v 20 challenges will always be difficult due to the makeup of clans and having everyone available at the same time. When a large challenge does happen its good but its not the be all and end all. After all it is far easier to organise four 5 man challenges between clans rather than a big 20 v 20.

Players should not become overloaded. If they are then its bad management on the players part. Just make yourself unavailable when the gameload is sufficient.

NO SUBSTITUTE BENCH. DOING SO YOU ARE EFFECTIVELY INCREASING A CLAN TO 30 MEMBERS.
  5. Joined
    18 Jun '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '08 04:121 edit
    WOW!!! 😲

Sorry pal, I've been with IVV (exclusively) since June 2005 and to my knowledge, not one member has ever 're-joined' the clan after they left!

It could happen, yes, it hasn't happened yet...definitely NOT a tactic used here.

As a matter of fact, we've had members that went AWOL with lots of games still to play, for whatever reason life brings (new job, moving away, sickness) and we all absorbed it in terms of lost challenges, no problems, that's life. Other members left with a heads-up notice and actually left the clan on their own terms, no booting necessary, no pressure.

Your unfounded accusations are raising serious concerns about
    - your credibility
    - your goading skills
    - the amount of after-shave ingested
    - something else I'm not aware of
    - any combination or all of the above

Take your pick or explain yourself!

But then again, accusations are so easy to throw around...WOW!!! 😲
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    26 Mar '08 05:21
    I would like to take these comments to task as well. Metallica does not utilze any sort of revolving door policy or have any additional players in our clan. For various reasons, we have had several members leave the clan in the past year. Some for medical reasons, some for work, and some for lack of time. We allowed several replacements to enter the clan to replace members that had left. If you would care to look at the numbers, most of those replacements have been replaced because they either (1) quit playing their games and were getting perpetually timed out, or (2) just quit the clan abruptly like DD did (he has since been booted from the site). We have had five members that I am aware of who have rejoined the clan after leaving. Ice Cold left because his subscription ran out. When his subscription was re-instated he re-joined. Derek left for medical reasons that were no secret to anyone. His game total went to zero. He has recently rejoined us after a 3+ month absence. Adim left but was back within a period of a couple of weeks after a change of heart.
    St. Nick has recently rejoined the clan, but he was gone over a year and was running his own clan in the meantime. The last would be Slow Pawn who many of you treat as public enemy # 1. He left because he was moving and would not be able to have internet connectivity for a period of time. His subscription lapsed. When he re-located and got his internet connection re-established, he came back. He started the clan and it is the only one he has played for.

We got harpooned by several of the replacements we let join. This is a huge contributing factor to the shrinking leads that IVV broadcasts regularly. That is not to take anything away from IVV's level of play and success, but those levels were enhanced by some of the stiffs we had to get rid of.

This accusation is unfounded and meritless and should be retracted. We have no reason to cheat in any way, nor will we entertain any such endeavors. While we will aggressively defend ourselves and the records we have attained, we have not, and will not cheat to retain them. I have been running the clan now for one month and there is nothing that goes on that escapes me. There is no one, and I repeat no one, who can claim that I have ever been anything but honorable in any match, transaction or negotiation. There will never be anyone that can claim that either. My integrity means something. Our clan has integrity. We have stood on the top of the hill for a long time while everyone was placing targets on us. We vigorously defend our records, but it isn't the end of the world if we get passed in any category. But we do not cheat.....period! and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '08 05:512 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I would like to take these comments to task as well. Metallica does not utilze any sort of revolving door policy or have any additional players in our clan. For various reasons, we have had several members leave the clan in the past year. Some for medical reasons, some for work, and some for lack of time. We allowed several replacements to enter the cla any category. [b]But we do not cheat.....period! and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.[/b]
    i have to admit that i suspected metallica of the revolving door strategy and my individual experiences with players in their clan, such as shortcircuit have convinced me otherwise. i respect their clan, their members, and their strategies. we, at IVV, take them on in the sporting spirit that the clan concept was intended to generate.

i also want to add one little piece of history of IVV, as i understand it from my joining just a little over a year ago. we did have one member that i know of who left IVV and then returned and then had to be dismissed. that, however, was not proof of a revolving door strategy. that one member was In Vino Veritas (the player), who actually had private life matters that resulted in a lot of losses for IVV (the clan) - both times. some reading this will remember that happening - and we were ridiculed for booting our namesake player.

if you are going to accuse any of the top clans of getting to their spots by cheating, then let the judgments that you are making on them fall on you. beware.
  8. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Moves
    26 Mar '08 06:13
    Originally posted by adramforall
    I really think Smiffy needs to come back and offer a sincere apology to IVV for his groundless accusations.

😠
    Don't get too cranked if it doesn't happen. Anyone who reads this thread will surely consider the source of the accusations. 'Nuff said.
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '08 06:16
    Smiffy needs to apologize or bear the shame of making false accusations and not stepping up to admit it.
  10. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Mar '08 23:54
    I understand this happens...some times intentionally and sometimes not, so best not to point the finger, however the idea will assist teams to keep it honest and fair.
  11. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 00:55
    just refreshing everyones minds on my idea for better team management

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree