1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 15:04
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Rubbish, racist, and bad for business.
    while you're at it close the spirituality forum as well. what could be said in that forum as been said many many times, its getting boring.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 15:09
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    ok, instead i'll ask a question. How many posts get deleted after on alert ?

The point is , you told me that you don't delete posts because of one alert. If i had alerted that particular thread, i would've been the sole alert.
    Would you've deleted it ?
    Yes, I would have taken it out right away. I saw it early, and I've erased many 'retard' and 'gay' threads and posts.

P-
  3. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 15:16
    Originally posted by rhb
    AS posted above, it wouldn't solve the problem, just move it. The end result then would be 1 of:

1) Stricter moderation in remaining forums to keep subjects to forum topic (although how this applies to general who knows?)

2) all forums close
    that is the way 🙂 close them all, all i tell ya 😛
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 15:17
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Rubbish, racist, and bad for business.
    It just needs to be renamed, "The Islam/French Appreciation Forum."

I only venture in there every once in a while, when I feel like clicking my mouse. Go in, first thread, alert a few posts with profanity, vulgarity, homophobia and racism. Next thread, etc, etc. Repeat until I'm bored.

I'm surprised that Russ is allowing 10 users to turn RHP into a racists paradise. Remember that RHP forums are searchable in google, so many, many people can stumble across the contents of the Debates forum.

I'm amazed that Russ is so reticent to ban people who say that they want to bomb the Hajj during Mecca, who pray for Mexico to be wiped out, who talk about watching towel heads explode after shooting them through the head, who refer to other members of the site as "French Sluts", or whatever the unacceptable term is.

I reported 1 such member to admin for sending me (among others) abusive pms, after he got banned for profanities and racism (not for the first time), and they told me to place him on my ignore list. Is this a solution? I think not, especially seeing as this same character has been spreading hatred and bigotry through these forums for years.

I'd be interested to read the admin's thoughts on this bus crash of a forum. As far as I'm aware, they are taking the ostrich approach of, if I don't see it, its not a problem.

D
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 15:22
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Yes, I would have taken it out right away. I saw it early, and I've erased many 'retard' and 'gay' threads and posts.

P-
    I gaurentee that the next similar thread will be alerted.

You can't delete a thread without an alert ?

Can you alert something yourself ?
  6. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 15:305 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Or the Wikipedia forum. Its pretty messy in the debates forum from all the cutting and pasting of unoriginal and plagerized ideas.

The idea behind a debates forum is arguing your opinion, which is fine, its a good way to discuss world affairs or other topics. But some turn it into fighting for their opinion to be right. And when dealing with the maturity level of some of the characters in there, it gets downright nasty with the insults and nationality bashing.

note - 5 edits because i'm a bolding idiot, thanks for understanding
  7. London
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 16:404 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

I only venture in there every once in a while, when I feel like clicking my mouse. Go in, first thread, alert a few posts with profanity, vulgarity, homophobia and racism. Next thread, etc, etc. Repeat until I'm bored.

I'm surprised that Russ is allowing 10 users to turn RHP into a , they are taking the ostrich approach of, if I don't see it, its not a problem.

D
    Well said.

There's just a few individuals there that debate in a civilized manner; most of the threads there are quite simply receptacles for the racist trash that comes out of the mouths of a few bigots.

I am very critical of the Forum Mods because I have recently alerted a few posts that I found very offensive: the one that was aimed at muslims was removed right away; others that contain obscenities aimed at myself/women in general or racist comments about the French still stand. I'm assuming it's acceptable to insult/display absolute hatred for my people as vehemently as it has been done by the likes of Chancre and his pal SlimJim and that bitter little minx Skeeter.

I queried this by sending feedback and received some message from a "Chris" that said something along the lines of: the post will be removed automatically after it's been alterted five times. Now that's helpful, isn't it?

I am frankly disgusted.
  8. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 18:42
    Originally posted by FrenchQueen
    [
    I am very critical of the Forum Mods because I have recently alerted a few posts that I found very offensive: others that contain racist comments about the French still stand.
    I know the thread you mean. I was disgusted too. I'm not French but was tempted to launch into a lecture on how brave the French really were in WW2 and if it wasn't for 20 miles of sea, we Brits would have been overrun even faster but the bigots were so obviously clueless that I thought I'd be wasting my time. I'm sorry I didn't know about the "5 mods and you're out" rule or I would have complained.
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 19:09
    Originally posted by Mixo
    I know the thread you mean. I was disgusted too. I'm not French but was tempted to launch into a lecture on how brave the French really were in WW2 and if it wasn't for 20 miles of sea, we Brits would have been overrun even faster but the bigots were so obviously clueless that I thought I'd be wasting my time. I'm sorry I didn't know about the "5 mods and you're out" rule or I would have complained.
    I usually alert racist stuff, so if it's pointed out to me, i alert it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree