1. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '14 06:56
    Hello

Is it possible:
    Each time I create a tournament, a message gets sent to each member.
    So when I create 20 tournaments, 20 messages get sent to all members.

I am part of MUTI, so when roma creates 20 tournaments, that's another 20 messages.

A few other clubs as well so basically I go away for a weekend.... and 60 odd messages in my inbox. (Most often when I click to go to tournament its fully subscribed anyway)

To my question:

Is it possible that no messages go out each time we create a tournament? and in its place, if possible, we have access to a reminder link.
    Such that a club owner can click on it once (or as often as they like) but after such click a generic message goes out to all members that these are the tournaments on offer and it has a link to the tournaments page in the club.

I have over the years lost members because they don't like receiving 50 messages from the club.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Oct '14 08:18
    Agreed. I've removed myself from clubs just because the messages drive me crazy.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Oct '14 08:26
    Originally posted by Costad
    Hello

Is it possible:
    Each time I create a tournament, a message gets sent to each member.
    So when I create 20 tournaments, 20 messages get sent to all members.

I am part of MUTI, so when roma creates 20 tournaments, that's another 20 messages.

A few other clubs as well so basically I go away for a weekend.... and 60 odd messages in my inbox. (Most ...[text shortened]...
    I have over the years lost members because they don't like receiving 50 messages from the club.
    supported
  4. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 13:531 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    supported
    Costad's idea is good...and/or...a "select all" function for deleting a large group of tournament reminders with one click.
  5. Joined
    10 May '12
    Moves
    20 Oct '14 16:57
    Just delete all the messages and go the club you want to play in.
  6. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:22
    Originally posted by pikejohn
    Just delete all the messages and go the club you want to play in.
    You are missing the point I think.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 13:30
    An altogether more intelligent notification system is required.

On the new UI, I have placeholders now for the new notification system, so I need to get it done before the next site update.

Subscribing to certain events and aggregate notifications are definitely required, as well as how you are notified. (Emails, or some other medium, for example.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree