Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    29 Mar '18 19:49
    Russ, may we please have this?

I run the gambit fantasy club and there are many thematic tourneys we can't run because they're not in the opening book, or because the book forces us several moves further down the line than we prefer.
  2. 31 Mar '18 05:58
    I support !! beyond the traditional lines, its quite interesting to play when you are different positions then a conventional starting lineup. The fact, you start from possibly a middle game, makes your mind, ponder ever than before, and startize quickly. iam sure a lot of experienced players would like to play this. I request RHP to allow " Starting from ANY position" tournaments, if sufficient players ( atleast 8 are available).
  3. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    31 Mar '18 07:42
    Indeed expanding the starting from an opening feature could really improve the site experience.
    If it was too difficult to implement otherwise it could be unrated "set-piece" games.
  4. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    31 Mar '18 18:21
    Thanks to my club members for your support.
  5. Subscriber ZorroTheFox On Vacation
    RHP MostActivePlayer
    31 Mar '18 22:52
    Support the idea!
  6. Subscriber jharker
    Chess Obsessed
    01 Apr '18 23:01
    I think this could be an interesting enhancement to the site, at least periodically, but personally still prefer the book openings because I've learned a lot from this group over the years. My fave opening book is still Horowitz "Chess Openings Theory and Practice" so I'm a bit out of date
  7. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    02 Apr '18 01:36
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Russ, may we please have this?

I run the gambit fantasy club and there are many thematic tourneys we can't run because they're not in the opening book, or because the book forces us several moves further down the line than we prefer.
    I support this, even to the point that tournaments should be able to theme after white's first move. The ephemeral "closed or open" notion has value.
  8. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    05 Apr '18 09:45 / 1 edit
    I am listening.

No development taking place for a week, but I will address this ASAP.
  9. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    05 Apr '18 18:21
    Originally posted by @russ
    I am listening.

No development taking place for a week, but I will address this ASAP.
    Thanks, Russ.
  10. Subscriber LEUR
    TEXAS
    14 Apr '18 22:52
    Add another vote in favor.
  11. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    19 Apr '18 16:29
    Apologies for the delay...starting on this soon.