combine "find player" and "player tables"?

combine "find player" and "player tables"?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
01 Feb 05

I think it wuld be simpler for people to find opponents if the find player and player tables were combined. I can find a player in the find player but I can't see certain statistics I would like to that are shown in the player tables. And vice versa for the player tables. Also in this new "hybrid" section there could be a more advanced search mask. It would include all the things that you can sort by in player tables with the same in find player. Also, maybe you could sort by move frequency and whether or not they are accepting any more games or if they are accepting games from you.

J

Moves
11 Mar 05

Absolutely agree! Posted an almost similar request myself today, as. I had not seen yours...

DR

Northern Virginia

Moves
13 Mar 05

I like that idea too.
Another issue with those pan-RHP tables is paging. Take for example the player tables sorted by rating. Right now there are 6,026 active players, meaning 301 pages worth at 20 names per page. If I'm interested to see a ratings-ranked list of the players with scores around, say, 1300, that might mean the 130th such page, but there's no easy way to get there. The Google-style paging helper at the bottom gives pages 1-20 and one-page-at-a-time maneuvering beyond 20. Adding a "next ten pages" link would help, a "go to page number ___" option would be better, and your search-constraint capability would be best.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
13 Mar 05

Originally posted by Dr Rocks
I like that idea too.
Another issue with those pan-RHP tables is paging. Take for example the player tables sorted by rating. Right now there are 6,026 active players, meaning 301 pages worth at 20 names per page. If I'm interested to see a ratings-ranked list of the players with scores around, say, 1300, that might mean the 130th such page, but there's ...[text shortened]... o page number ___" option would be better, and your search-constraint capability would be best.
A wee thing which can help when getting to pages more than 20. U can use the address bar to specify a page.

http://www.timeforchess.com/core/playertable.php?col=2&state=asc&buttonno=-1&page=16

Its still not ideal though.

D