1. Lancaster
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 15:58
    Having just blundered a queen away, the idea came to mind that a confirm option for a submitted move possibly be an option.

This has probably been raised before.🙂
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 16:04
    Originally posted by Tinmart69
    Having just blundered a queen away, the idea came to mind that a confirm option for a submitted move possibly be an option.

... and then perhaps a confirm button that confirms that you wanted to confirm your move submission...
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 16:35
    Isn't the submit button some kind of confirm?
    I mean, make a move, look at the new position, and then confirming it by pressing submit...
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 16:52
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Isn't the submit button some kind of confirm?
    I mean, make a move, look at the new position, and then confirming it by pressing submit...
    Agreed. There already is the analyze board feature and you should do a last minute check too.

I've blundered away my share of queens too, but I'm doubtful even this kind of "are you sure" prompt would have really changed anything.
  5. Lancaster
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 16:58
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Agreed. There already is the analyze board feature and you should do a last minute check too.

I've blundered away my share of queens too, but I'm doubtful even this kind of "are you sure" prompt would have really changed anything.

Agreed,
    I was probably shell shocked when I made the original post.
    A 57 year old knee-jerk reaction to an unforgivable blunder.
    However such a function does exist on http://www.schemingmind.com/default.aspx
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 17:23
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    ... and then perhaps a confirm button that confirms that you wanted to confirm your move submission...
    HaHaHaHaHa

Great answer!
  7. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 19:191 edit
    Why not use the analyise board first? 😕
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    16 Nov '07 05:54
    How about an "instant resignation button after the move that indicates that i just totally blew it and resign?" Oh yeah, we have that one too. i use it all the time as well.
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '07 12:21
    Originally posted by Tinmart69

It has been, but stronger players don't need it and we weaker players who need "training wheels" always get shouted down. 🙂
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '07 12:212 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    17 Nov '07 05:05
    I for one hate confirmation buttons. Delete. Are you sure you want to delete this item? If I wasn't sure I wouldn't have pressed delete.
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Nov '07 05:141 edit
    It could be a turn-on turn-off option like move notifications in your own My Settings.
  13. Joined
    24 Dec '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '07 12:56
    Originally posted by deeploser
    I for one hate confirmation buttons. Delete. Are you sure you want to delete this item? If I wasn't sure I wouldn't have pressed delete.
    I know what you mean deep, but that button has saved my neck on more than one occasion. As for a confirm button, I agree that with the analyse boards feature and the ability to make the move before hitting the submit move button the idea may seem superfluous, especially for the stronger players out there. I am only just starting to play chess though, and the feature may have helped me a couple of times, however having made blunders of biblical proportions in the last week or 2 the lack of the button has taught me to check my final move very carefully before hitting the submit button!

just my 2p worth!
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Nov '07 13:37
    Originally posted by 3DD
    I know what you mean deep, but that button has saved my neck on more than one occasion. As for a confirm button, I agree that with the analyse boards feature and the ability to make the move before hitting the submit move button the idea may seem superfluous, especially for the stronger players out there. I am only just starting to play chess though, and the ...[text shortened]... me to check my final move very carefully before hitting the submit button!

just my 2p worth!
    Here's how I confirmed my moves.

I realised that often (especially in the past), I'd click, and straight away notice the move was a blunder, so I clicked on the Submit Move button, but didn't leave go of the mouse button until I had one last look at the board. It's saved me a number of times. If I spotted that my move was a blunder, I'd just move the mouse off the submit move button and let go.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree