1. Warszawa
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 12:43
    I just noticed, that PGN for thematic games is simply wrong - it missess the initial moves, so it is impossible to paste it to any chess database or program. I suggest correcting this error.

Better solution is to prepend thematic moves before the actually played moves. Maybe adding comment like {thematic moves end here} to mark where actual game starts.

Worse solution is to add FEN line for the initial position (this is worse, as one is no longer able to replay the game from the very beginning).

So, for example, take this game: Game 1494193

At the moment, its PGN shows the following moves:

1. Bc1f4 g6 2. e3 Bf8g7 (...)

Any chess program immediately rejects it, as it is impossible to play Bc1f4 ...

In best solution, it should be

1. d4 f5 2.Bc1f4 g6 3.e3 Bf8g7 (...)

In worse solution, PGN header should contain extra tag:

[FEN "rnbqkbnr/ppppp1pp/8/5p2/3P4/8/PPP1PPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - 0 2"]
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 14:44
    Originally posted by Mekk
    I just noticed, that PGN for thematic games is simply wrong - it missess the initial moves, so it is impossible to paste it to any chess database or program. I suggest correcting this error.

Better solution is to prepend thematic moves before the actually played moves. Maybe adding comment like {thematic moves end here} to mark where actual game starts.

W ...[text shortened]... uld contain extra tag:

[FEN "rnbqkbnr/ppppp1pp/8/5p2/3P4/8/PPP1PPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - 0 2"]
    Yup, its a royal pain trying to analyse completed thematic games.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree