1. Standard memberSPDChess
    Chess Monk
    Surrey
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 10:19
    Since my geography s*cks and my knowledge of flags is even worse, would be nice if I could hold the mouse over a flag and get the country name. I know I can click on it an get a list but , well, I'm lazy 🙂
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 10:22
    Agree.
    To hoover the mouse pointer over the flag should generate the country information.
    Also:
    To hoover the mouse pointer over a member name should generate the his rating.
  3. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 13:501 edit
    Originally posted by SPDChess
    Since my geography s*cks and my knowledge of flags is even worse, would be nice if I could hold the mouse over a flag and get the country name. I know I can click on it an get a list but , well, I'm lazy 🙂
    If you're using Firefox and have the Greasemonkey addon, there is a Greasemonkey script to add a country tool tip. You can find it at:

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/

If you grab the RHP addon from there, it will add player ratings and flag next to the player's nick in forum posts.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 14:01
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    If you're using Firefox and have the Greasemonkey addon, there is a Greasemonkey script to add a country tool tip. You can find it at:

If you grab the RHP addon from there, it will add player ratings and flag next to the player's nick in forum posts.
    Me? Using FireFox? No way.
    A lot of problems here stem from FireFox, almost never from Internet Explorer.

I would like Russ et al to use a standard solution, easily done with standard HTML tags, so everyone can take part of this improvement, without having to install FireFox into their computers. I don't like to be forced to use particular programs rather than the standard ones. RHP is for everyone.

You probably do a great job, ouroboros, no personal harm intended. If only the same job could be done for us IE users as well, I'll be happy.
  5. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 14:07
    The RHP additions script? I would like to see flags and ratings in forum posts but I dont.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 14:33
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

I would like Russ et al to use a standard solution, easily done with standard HTML tags, so everyone can take part of this improvement, without having to install FireFox into their computers. I don't like to be forced to use particular programs ra ...[text shortened]... onal harm intended. If only the same job could be done for us IE users as well, I'll be happy.
    What problems here stem from Firefox?
  7. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 14:34

I would like Russ et al to use a standard solution, easily done with standard HTML tags, so everyone can take part of this improvement, without having to install FireFox into their computers. I don't like to be forced to use particular programs ra ...[text shortened]... onal harm intended. If only the same job could be done for us IE users as well, I'll be happy.
    You'll notice that I replied to the original post. If SPDChess is using Firefox and Greasemonkey, he/she has a way to get the additional information requested.

RHP is currently usable on many different browsers already. You are not forced to use Firefox. In fact, if you are inclined, there is a Greasemonkey clone for IE kicking around somewhere. You are free to take my scripts and convert them for use with IE.
  8. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 14:34
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What problems here stem from Firefox?
    I haven't run into any problems.
  9. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 14:351 edit
    Originally posted by Wayne1324
    The RHP additions script? I would like to see flags and ratings in forum posts but I dont.
    It's not a Greasemonkey script. It's the RHP addon. You can grab the latest stable release from:

See Thread 61652.
  10. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 14:56
    It's not a Greasemonkey script. It's the RHP addon. You can grab the latest stable release from:

See Thread 61652.
    Got it. Thats pretty cool... I'd like to see how the interface works. It the source available?
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 14:58
    I haven't run into any problems.
    Me neither. Your scripts work like a charm too. 🙂
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 15:03
    ....I don't like to be forced to use particular programs rather than the standard ones.
    You don't mind being forced to use IE though?
  13. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 15:17
    Originally posted by Wayne1324
    Got it. Thats pretty cool... I'd like to see how the interface works. It the source available?
    The .xpi file that you download is simply a zip file. You can right-click, save as, and unzip it. All of the source will be available.
  14. Standard memberSPDChess
    Chess Monk
    Surrey
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 15:33
    You'll notice that I replied to the original post. If SPDChess is using Firefox and Greasemonkey, he/she has a way to get the additional information requested.

RHP is currently usable on many different browsers already. You are not forced to use Firefox. In fact, if you are inclined, there is a Greasemonkey clone for IE kicking around somewhere. You are free to take my scripts and convert them for use with IE.
    Thanks ouroboros

Don't have greasemonkey but will check it out and the addon

It's he BTW - Steve 🙂
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 15:471 edit
    Palynka: "What problems here stem from Firefox?"
    I won't go further into this line than this: When I see people having problems, they are adviced to use methods that has nothing to do with IE. Therefore I conclude the problem must be FF oriented.

ouroboros: "You are free to take my scripts and convert them for use with IE."
    Thank you, but I don't know how I could do this from my end. Therefore I would like to put the appropriate tags into the original html code.
    And I say again - you are doing a fantastic job, ouroboros, I would like to take part of the result also, but with IE and not FF. And this only Russ et al can do.

Dr Strangelove: "You don't mind being forced to use IE though?"
    No, of course not. IE comes with Windows itself. Had FF came with the Windows, I would of course used it. But why have two browser when one is enough? How many Word processors have you installed in your computer? I have one - MS Word.

Now, this is my opinion: If I installed every program in my computer only because my friends have it, my computer will be full of programs and problems. I install what I need and nothing more. I use one car for every car trip. I use one bread toaster for every bread I toast. I use *** for every *** I ***. And I use one browser for anything I browse. I don't have one browser to read my daily news in, one to read the latest jokes, one to play chess with, one to read *** with. I use one browser because I only need one, just one, and that is IE. Period.

And thanks for this I have very few problems with my browser, with my Windows and with my computer. When I see friends who install everything the can lay their hands on, and see how many problems they have - I am glad that I use as few programs as possible. Them that I have to use and not much more.

Please, don't harass me because I have a different view of things that you have. I know my view is shared with others and is sound. You have your choice, I respect that. Let me have mine.

If you still don't understand what I'm trying to tell - please read my postings in this subject on more time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree