BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 05:32
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    I will resign all of
    my games at RHP and never come back to the site again if you can
    find a post where I insinuate being 60.
    Pcaspian, don't fall for this trick. He's trying to get you to repost what he wrote when he gave his age so that you get banned under your proposed rule. I think we all know he's 60 anyway. I think that got added to the ToS after somebody gave a Site Idea for requiring all Wolfpack members' ages to be terms of that document.
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 06:411 edit
    Originally posted by pcaspian
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    [b]HA HA ... HA HA

I think even my 10 year old niece comes across as more mature in online forums and you claim to be what, 60 ?[/b]
    I think my 10 yr old armchair comes across more mature than you, and thats insulting my armchair.

skeeter
  3. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 06:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Internet
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 13:29
    I believe, that RHP could put up a disclaimer saying something along the lines of

"The copyright of comments posted in the RHP forums belongs to whoever posted them."

and then let the users try to enforce their copyright themselves, but what on earth would that achieve? I doubt that anyone would feel 'a greater sense of protection' if a disclaimer was added and it wouldn't be possible to enforce anyway.

Why not simply stick to the unwritten rules of public forums and common sense instead:

"Whatever you post in a public forum belongs to the internet. If you don't like it, don't post"
  5. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 14:16
    But wht?????

This is a public forum.

If you do not want other people using what you say don't post it!!!

What this will all lead to is RHP haveing "private" forums, and that means members only being able to post - is that what you all want??? Only paying members in forums?

Andrew
  6. Graceland.
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 22:32
    Originally posted by latex bishop
    But wht?????

What this will all lead to is RHP haveing "private" forums, and that means members only being able to post - is that what you all want??? Only paying members in forums?

Andrew

My statement is simply one where content posted in RHP remains in RHP, unless a user gives his prior permission for his/her post to be duplicated to another site. Copyright protection is indeed commonly applied to many news sites, where permission must be attained prior to a user randomly copying and pasting that person's views.

There is no reason why this should really upset the vast majority of RHP posters. Respecting a person's rights to keep their views and opinions in the RHP community, (should they wish this to be the case) is not difficult. Indeed currently there are only a handfull of RHP posters that are doing this, needless to say they are all currently opposing my view in this thread as it will affect them adversely. RHP enforces a copyright (bottom of every page) specificially to protect its own intelectual property. I see no reason why a user should not be allowed to do the same.

pc
  7. Graceland.
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 22:34
    Originally posted by skeeter
    I think my 10 yr old armchair comes across more mature than you, and thats insulting my armchair.

skeeter

Another FW faithfull.
    Thanks for your contribution and witty retort.
  8. Internet
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 23:46
    Originally posted by latex bishop
    [b]But wht?????

Andrew

My statement is simply one where content posted in RHP remains in RHP, unless a user gives his prior permissio ...[text shortened]... own intelectual property. I see no reason why a user should not be allowed to do the same.

pc[/b]
    As XanthozNZ points out, you are allowed to do the same--simply attach a copyright notice to your post. If I understand this correctly, you propose that anyone who infringes on this copyright (if it's added) gets a site ban. Who should enforce this? A team similar to the game mods, only devoted to track down people who copies posts of the forums? Adapt to reality and let it slide.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 00:41
    LMAO! Give it up pcaspian. I can't believe you came back for more in this thread. You are the laughing stock of the community. Just admit it was a poor idea, probably the very worst Site Idea of all time, and we can all move on.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 01:48
    Originally posted by Svin1
    As XanthozNZ points out, you [b]are allowed to do the same--simply attach a copyright notice to your post. If I understand this correctly, you propose that anyone who infringes on this copyright (if it's added) gets a site ban. Who should enforce this? A team similar to the game mods, only devoted to track down people who copies posts of the forums? Adapt to reality and let it slide.[/b]
    I was being sarcastic.

Also please don't refer to what I posted or I will sue you for infringement of copyright.

(This is also sarcasm. Just so everyone knows.)
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 02:22
    My statement is simply one where content posted in RHP remains in RHP, unless a user gives his prior permission for his/her post to be duplicated to another site. Copyright protection is indeed commonly applied to many news sites, where permission must be attained prior to a user randomly copying and pasting that person's views.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

You are still at this? I thought you were kidding at first, but your
    persistence belies such a conclusion.

So let me get this straight:

An 'anonymous' user (i.e., with a handle which does not distinguish
    him/her personally) posts something on a public forum and wants to
    retain the rights such that this post cannot be quoted outside of RHP?

Or...

RHP retains the rights for the usage of all material posted here such
    that it cannot be duplicated, even with proper citation?

Both of these make absolutely no sense and have no precedent in
    law, reason or reality.

In letusoffthehookpleasepcaspianyoucannotbeseriousaboutthisship,
    Nemesio
  12. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 08:35
    Originally posted by skeeter
    [b]I think my 10 yr old armchair comes across more mature than you, and thats insulting my armchair.

skeeter

Another FW faithfull.
    Thanks for your contribution and witty retort.[/b]
    Faithfull, witty and with a FW fetish - so, you wanna fool around? Hmmmm?

skeeter
  13. Graceland.
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:56
    Originally posted by Svin1
    As XanthozNZ points out, you [b]are allowed to do the same--simply attach a copyright notice to your post. If I understand this correctly, you propose that anyone who infringes on this copyright (if it's added) gets a site ban. Who should enforce this? A team similar to the game mods, only devoted to track down people who copies posts of the forums? Adapt to reality and let it slide.[/b]

As Xantos pointed out, he was sarcastic. There is little an individual can do to protect himself from copyright infringements. The only entity able of enforcing such a right, would be that of the site hosting the material. Ofcourse we may look at sites such as Kazaa, Napster ect, where the hosting authority have claimed innocense as they did not actually 'host' such material and for that reason it was so difficult to prosecute Napster and authorities targeted users hosting over 1000 files. Infact it would be impossible to prevent a person from copying information, however the web administrator of FW would be responsible for dealing with content published on his site.

pc
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 19:03
    Infact it would be impossible to prevent a person from copying information, however the web administrator of FW would be responsible for dealing with content published on his site.

pc
    That's right. You should take it up with him there instead of embarassing yourself here in Site Ideas. This is the wrong place to air your grievances about other sites.
  15. Graceland.
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 19:091 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    That's right. You should take it up with him there instead of embarassing yourself here in Site Ideas. This is the wrong place to air your grievances about other sites.

Ironic that a person banned from RHP for such a long period, who then trolled the site under other alias's, only to have those accounts banned too is now attempting to school me on RHP etiquete.

Curious, who did you have to bribe to be allowed back ? 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree