1. Munich
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 15:08
    Hi,
    I hate to go through endless player lists where 90% of the profiles are from bannend 'members' or people who are not active anymore. To find an opponent is nearly impossible once you look for relatively good players (rated >1950). I recommend to improve this situation.

Thanks,
    Axel
  2. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 15:32
    I guess another tick box on the search criteria would do the trick.
  3. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    21 Dec '07 13:14
    I agree ,erase the banned people.
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '07 13:38
    You can't erase the banned people completely from the site. For better or worse they have games that their names are on and the history would get screwed up.

I agree there should be a filter that could hide them from the list.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '07 14:50
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    You can't erase the banned people completely from the site. For better or worse they have games that their names are on and the history would get screwed up.

I agree there should be a filter that could hide them from the list.
    It's enough to have one tic box for 'Active Members Only' (default) because banned members will be inactive rather soon.

Let's say that one is inactive after 30 days of not playing? After the first move after that you are concidered active again.

What about non-active movers, but active in writing in any forum?
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Dec '07 15:091 edit
    Originally posted by Grailmaster
    Hi,
    I hate to go through endless player lists where 90% of the profiles are from bannend 'members' or people who are not active anymore. To find an opponent is nearly impossible once you look for relatively good players (rated >1950). I recommend to improve this situation.

Thanks,
    Axel
    I think you're overstating the problem. Players who haven't moved in the past 100 days aren't included in the player tables.

D

[EDIT] Sorry, I missed the thread title. So why don't you use the Player tables for finding opponents? Or, after you've completed 2 more rated games, you'll be able to put min rating in your open invites.
  7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '07 16:35
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    It's enough to have one tic box for 'Active Members Only' (default) because banned members will be inactive rather soon.

Let's say that one is inactive after 30 days of not playing? After the first move after that you are concidered active again.

What about non-active movers, but active in writing in any forum?
    That's defnitely fine.

I think it's more important to have active movers displayed than active forum posters, but I can see why you might want to find active forum posters.

I would think the number of users who are forum posters but don't play any chess at all are relatively few.
  8. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '07 21:08
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Axel
    I am sure that the banned players would like their records removed. That way when they try and come back, there is no record of forum posts and games to compare.
    Are you that thick? 😞
  9. Munich
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 15:33
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    I am sure that the banned players would like their records removed. That way when they try and come back, there is no record of forum posts and games to compare.
    Are you that thick? 😞
    Well, then maybe as was suggested before, a possibility to filter inactive players.
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 04:07

Are you that thick? 😞
    That was a bit strong - it was a perfectly reasonable request, and he didn't ask for them to be removed - check out the OP.
  11. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 04:12
    Well, then maybe as was suggested before, a possibility to filter inactive players.
    It's very hard to define "inactive", because I noticed someone enrolled in the 2008 Championship tournament (Tarpey) who hasn't made a single move on RHP in 2007! Banned players are a known quantity, and could be identified relatively simply if the programmers could be shown a real need for it.

In your case, Grailmaster, you have almost reached 20-game status. Then you will be able to set up Open Invites with whatever rating range you want, and the problem will solve itself.
  12. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 08:08
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    That was a bit strong - it was a perfectly reasonable request, and he didn't ask for them to be removed - check out the OP.
    Right you are Missy. I seemed to have left my sense of decency at the door. My humblest apologies Mr. Grailmaster.
  13. Munich
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 11:18
    Right you are Missy. I seemed to have left my sense of decency at the door. My humblest apologies Mr. Grailmaster.
    No problem, no harm done.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree