1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 21:312 edits
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    You prefer to see a post with simply the text "deleted" rather than nothing?

It would be cleaner just to delete it.

What's hard to understand about that?
    I don't see much difference really.

Oh, you mean if someone disagrees with you - they obviously don't understand? 🙄
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 22:08
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Deleted!

D
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 22:081 edit
    Deleted!

D
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 22:081 edit
    Deleted.

D
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 22:09
    Deleted.

D
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 22:56

Oh, you mean if someone disagrees with you - they obviously don't understand? 🙄
    Well, you certainly haven't posted any argument. You've just posted and example of what a post with the text "Deleted" in it would look like.

I didn't suggest that you didn't understand it because you disagreed with me, I suggested it because your posts lacked any actual argument or coherent reason why posting "Deleted" is somehow better.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 00:001 edit
    I'm not saying it's a better idea - but both ideas are crap.

You could actually leave a message that you have deleted it and why I suppose.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 00:00
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Deleted.

D
    censored
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 00:49
    I'm not saying it's a better idea - but both ideas are crap.

You could actually leave a message that you have deleted it and why I suppose.
    Why is it crap though?

The way I'm suggesting you have a choice - you can leave a message as to why, or not. Your choice.

I have no problem with a time limit either.
  10. The sky
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 01:20
    You prefer to see a post with simply the text "deleted" rather than nothing?
    I do. Preferably with some short explanation, but just "deleted" would often still be better than nothing. It can be quite confusing when people react to something you don't even know was ever there. This happens quite frequently now when a post or a thread gets deleted by the mods (for whole threads, at least one mod has started to replace the deleted thread with another thread with the same title containing an explanation why the thread was removed). Sure, when there's no reaction to the post, it would usually be just as well to delete it completely; but sometimes reactions come after the post is deleted, and sometimes you may remember a post and want to look it up, and if it's not there anymore, it would be helpful to see that it was deleted.
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 18:41
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I do. Preferably with some short explanation, but just "deleted" would often still be better than nothing. It can be quite confusing when people react to something you don't even know was ever there. This happens quite frequently now when a post or a thread gets deleted by the mods (for whole threads, at least one mod has started to replace the deleted threa ...[text shortened]... look it up, and if it's not there anymore, it would be helpful to see that it was deleted.
    But people wouldn't have reacted. The idea is you can only delete your post if no one has responded yet. No response, no reaction. I don't think you should be able to delete your post once someone has responded.

Mods have a different kind of ability to delete posts and that's really their discretion. I agree that it would be nice if a mod deletes a post then they should either post explaining it or just edit it and put an explanation.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 18:49
    But people wouldn't have reacted. The idea is you can only delete your post if no one has responded yet. No response, no reaction. I don't think you should be able to delete your post once someone has responded.
    "No response, no reaction." Yet!
    Perhaps someone is about to respond, perhaps already responding but not yet ready and submitted?
  13. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 02:29
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Perhaps someone is about to respond, perhaps already responding but not yet ready and submitted?
    Yes, that would occasionally happen.

However it would be no worse and no different than the case where someone edited the post to say "deleted" at the same time someone was responding.
  14. U.S.A.
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 14:02

Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Okay, someone's about to respond to a post you made but when they do, they see your post was deleted. Can't they just delete their post too, that way no one will be confused by it? Or maybe they should always press the "reply & quote" button that way the other person's quote is still shown even if it was deleted. What do you think?
  15. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 14:10
    Originally posted by Pavlo87
    Okay, someone's about to respond to a post you made but when they do, they see your post was deleted. Can't they just delete their post too, that way no one will be confused by it? Or maybe they should always press the "reply & quote" button that way the other person's quote is still shown even if it was deleted. What do you think?
    Yes, they could delete their post too. That's up to them.

If they pressed the reply+quote then the other person's quote will show up in their post.

I it will be a relatively rare occurrence for someone to be deleting their post right when someone is replying to it. It will happen, but it will be rare compared to the total number of posts that come up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree