1. U.S.A.
    Moves
    01 Jul '07 15:003 edits
    What do y'all think about being able to delete posts you made at least within a day or so after posting it? And how 'bout a longer editing time? Like let's say 2 hours later you go and read your post and you're like "oh crap, did i just type that!!??" or you go back and read the post that you were replying to and you see that you misunderstood what he had said. And then you try to edit it out but it's already to late.

-- Paul
  2. U.S.A.
    Moves
    01 Jul '07 15:34
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    They aren't mine anymore. I've disowned them. You may adopt them as your own if you like? (crosses fingers/hopeful) 🙂

-- Paul
    (just kidding)
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 Jul '07 16:34
    Originally posted by Pavlo87
    What do y'all think about being able to delete posts you made at least within a day or so after posting it? And how 'bout a longer editing time? Like let's say 2 hours later you go and read your post and you're like "oh crap, did i just type that!!??" or you go back and read the post that you were replying to and you see that you misunderstood what he had said. And then you try to edit it out but it's already to late.

-- Paul
    If you alert your own post, then mods will normally clean it up for you.

D
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    01 Jul '07 18:44
    i wish i could take back everything
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '07 19:061 edit
    The main problem with this oft-repeated idea is that it can make the whole thread completely unreadable.
    For example, have you not seen a thread where the first post has been removed by mods and all the replies are left sounding like gibberish.

It would be really handy to have an "edit title" or maybe a preview function though.
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '07 03:23
    One variation on this which I've seen is that you can delete your post as long as your post is still the last post in the thread.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '07 11:151 edit
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    One variation on this which I've seen is that you can delete your post as long as your post is still the last post in the thread.
    If you were desperate you could edit it into a blank page or one with just "deleted" in it.
    You would still only have the hour though.

edit: as below.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '07 11:1514 edits
    deleted
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 02:57
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    If you were desperate you could edit it into a blank page or one with just "deleted" in it.
    You would still only have the hour though.

edit: as below.
    Yes and that would leave the forums littered with crap posts when it should have actually been deleted.

The post is better off deleted than having been replaced with "deleted" as text.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 03:35
    Yes and that would leave the forums littered with crap posts when it should have actually been deleted.
    LOL
    This idea will definitely prevent the forums from being "littered with crap posts".

I don't think so! 😕
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 13:00
    LOL
    This idea will definitely prevent the forums from being "littered with crap posts".

I don't think so! 😕
    I didn't say that it would prevent the forums from having any crap posts.

I said that it would be better to be able to delete your post than to have the post be just "Deleted".
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 15:48
    ...I said that it would be better to be able to delete your post than to have the post be just "Deleted".
    Yeah, ok. 🙂

Ummmm - how would it be better?
  13. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 17:03
    Originally posted by coquette
    i wish i could take back everything
    Including this? 😕
  14. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 19:06
    Yeah, ok. 🙂

Ummmm - how would it be better?
    You prefer to see a post with simply the text "deleted" rather than nothing?

It would be cleaner just to delete it.

What's hard to understand about that?
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 21:312 edits
    You prefer to see a post with simply the text "deleted" rather than nothing?

It would be cleaner just to delete it.

What's hard to understand about that?
    I don't see much difference really.

Oh, you mean if someone disagrees with you - they obviously don't understand? 🙄