1. Joined
    27 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 19:23
    I think it would be useful to have a list in algebraic notation of the last few moves made in a particular game. Often I open a game I haven't seen in a while, and I don't remember what my plan or strategy was. I know I can click on "Game History" and click through the moves and then come back, but that takes forever (in the colloquial sense of the word "forever"😉.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 00:49
    Originally posted by trumbull2400
    I think it would be useful to have a list in algebraic notation of the last few moves made in a particular game. Often I open a game I haven't seen in a while, and I don't remember what my plan or strategy was. I know I can click on "Game History" and click through the moves and then come back, but that takes forever (in the colloquial sense of the word "forever"😉.
    Personally I always use the in-game 'notebook' for anything from previous move to tactic, strategy etc...most useful for 'changing tack'...the downside is that it only allows 250 characters...
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 02:49
    There's always the "annotate" function, where you could put your comments when the game is finished.
  4. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 10:37
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There's always the "annotate" function, where you could put your comments when the game is finished.
    This can also be used during the game as if it were extra notebook space.
  5. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 19:06
    Originally posted by tvochess
    This can also be used during the game as if it were extra notebook space.
    But is this extra notebook visible to everyone, including your opponent, or just to you?
  6. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 08:26
    Only to you. Annotations can only be "published" (made visible to others) after the game has finished.
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 13:34
    Originally posted by trumbull2400
    You don't need to use game history.
    Just go to analyze board and use the back arrow and then "reset all" when you remember what your plan was.
    I use it on every game as it's also easier to see what your opponents last move was.
  8. Joined
    27 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 17:54
    Thank you for all your suggestions, but they are a wee bit too complicated I think...Especially if you're looking at your games on a smartphone. If the moves were displayed in algebraic notation, all you'd have to do would be to scroll down to the white space in the bottom left and look at the last few moves, and bingo, no effort!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree