Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 24 Jul '14 20:45
    ! submitted a list of ideas under "Why are clubs second class". I thought they were well thought out and would improve the site and wouldn't be hard to implement(Most of the software wound only need slight modification). Except for Ponderable, who seems to care about the site I got no reply, not even a "go to hell, we're busy). Shame that a subscriber can't even get a reply.
  2. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    25 Jul '14 03:27 / 1 edit
    Forums are a place for subscribers and nonsubscribers to play in, they're not intended as a place for admins/technical people to find stuff.

    Site Ideas is where we players post ideas, and if there's sufficient interest shown by other players some of those ideas may be picked up by future programming updates. I wouldn't expect a response post from Russ unless he's actively considering and wanting clarification. If other players don't pick up on the concepts on offer it would be assumed that there's no general interest in them.

    I didn't post in your clubs thread because I mostly disagreed with you, so left it alone to see if you got any support from others. Clubs are intended to be markedly different from clans (common-interest rather than competitive), and most club members are nonsubs who can't participate in tournaments, so only specialist tourney clubs such as MUTI and TOD will have the numbers to run a decent tournament anyway.
  3. Subscriber padger On Vacation
    25 Jul '14 07:57
    Originally posted by pikejohn
    ! submitted a list of ideas under "Why are clubs second class". I thought they were well thought out and would improve the site and wouldn't be hard to implement(Most of the software wound only need slight modification). Except for Ponderable, who seems to care about the site I got no reply, not even a "go to hell, we're busy). Shame that a subscriber can't even get a reply.
    I have put forward many ideas over time but you can't throw a wobbly just because nobody else is interested.just keep plugging away
    My current grind is the least time thing after move
    when will it be sorted ?
  4. Subscriber LEUR
    TEXAS
    25 Jul '14 20:43
    Originally posted by padger
    I have put forward many ideas over time but you can't throw a wobbly just because nobody else is interested.just keep plugging away
    My current grind is the least time thing after move
    when will it be sorted ?
    "but you can't throw a wobbly just because nobody else is interested"
    pretty much says all that is needed IMO.
  5. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    26 Jul '14 05:52
    Originally posted by pikejohn
    ! submitted a list of ideas under "Why are clubs second class". I thought they were well thought out and would improve the site and wouldn't be hard to implement(Most of the software wound only need slight modification). Except for Ponderable, who seems to care about the site I got no reply, not even a "go to hell, we're busy). Shame that a subscriber can't even get a reply.
    Send feedback.
  6. Subscriber padger On Vacation
    26 Jul '14 06:13
    the reason I keep on about this is because to keep a check on my games I have to have 18 folders
    just one folder on least time remaining
    waiting
    2d 14 hr
    1d 12hr
    1d 12hr
    waiting
    6d 12hr
    waiting
    5d 16hr
    6d 03hr
    6d 03hr
    waiting
    waiting
    4d 02hr
    5d 08hr
    imagine having a list like this with 400 games on it
  7. 26 Jul '14 10:23
    Originally posted by padger

    imagine having a list like this with 400 games on it
    Have you considered playing less chess and doing something else?
  8. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    26 Jul '14 12:04
    Originally posted by padger
    the reason I keep on about this is because to keep a check on my games I have to have 18 folders
    just one folder on least time remaining
    waiting
    2d 14 hr
    1d 12hr
    1d 12hr
    waiting
    6d 12hr
    waiting
    5d 16hr
    6d 03hr
    6d 03hr
    waiting
    waiting
    4d 02hr
    5d 08hr
    imagine having a list like this with 400 games on it
    you could filer to "my moves" ?
  9. Subscriber padger On Vacation
    26 Jul '14 12:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Have you considered playing less chess and doing something else?
    Tried that once it got boring
  10. Subscriber padger On Vacation
    26 Jul '14 12:12
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    you could filer to "my moves" ?
    Where is that
  11. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    26 Jul '14 19:07
    Originally posted by padger
    Where is that
    Under the heading game status filter.
    I always set "my move" and then sort by "oldest moves" snd it works quite well.
  12. Subscriber padger On Vacation
    27 Jul '14 05:11
    Originally posted by venda
    Under the heading game status filter.
    I always set "my move" and then sort by "oldest moves" snd it works quite well.
    tried that it still does not work
    What I want is a list that gives the least time remaining that does not include the time bank
  13. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    27 Jul '14 08:33
    The combination I use for the MyGames page is:
    - filtered by "my move" which gives me the only relevant games right now
    - sorted by "recently moved" which gives me a nicely sorted Time column with the remaining time (excluding time bank) showing the one I need to move in first at the bottom. It's no big deal for me to look at the bottom of the list to find the highest priority game.

    Why does this not work for you?
  14. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    27 Jul '14 17:46 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The combination I use for the MyGames page is:
    - filtered by "my move" which gives me the only relevant games right now
    - sorted by "recently moved" which gives me a nicely sorted Time column with the remaining time (excluding time bank) showing the one I need to move in first at the bottom. It's no big deal for me to look at the bottom of the list to find the highest priority game.

    Why does this not work for you?
    He has different timings and a HUGE number of games. Of course he wants to move first in the game which is nearest to eat in the timebank (or timeout).

    So the suggestion is (if I understood correctly) to add the option:

    Add the option "least time (without counting timebank)"
  15. Subscriber padger On Vacation
    27 Jul '14 18:19
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    He has different timings and a HUGE number of games. Of course he wants to move first in the game which is nearest to eat in the timebank (or timeout).

    So the suggestion is (if I understood correctly) to add the option:

    Add the option "least time (without counting timebank)"
    Yes
    I would like it work time remaining then time remaining plus time bank and then time bank
    do this and I could get rid of about 15 folders