Does anyone know why jpegs can no longer be uploaded as avatars?

Does anyone know why jpegs can no longer be uploaded as avatars?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King of Cool

AUSTIN, TEXAS

Moves
12 Feb 20

does anyone know why jpegs can no longer be uploaded as avatars (picts, photos, on the player's home )? 😳

RHP Member No.16

Moves
13 Feb 20
1 edit

@brrr said
does anyone know why jpegs can no longer be uploaded as avatars (picts, photos, on the player's home )? 😳
I just uploaded a new header image and it worked fine for me. (on a laptop with windows 7)

You may want to move your question to the 'help' forum, and also provide some details about the image you are trying to upload.
(Which image are you trying to upload, avatar or header? What are the dimensions in pixels? etc....)

King of Cool

AUSTIN, TEXAS

Moves
15 Feb 20

whatever was happening has been "fixed", thank you for your gracious reply kind sir!

😍

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Feb 20

@brrr said
whatever was happening has been "fixed", thank you for your gracious reply kind sir!

😍
Thank you for following up and letting us know the problem has gone away.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19 Feb 20

@mwmiller said
I just uploaded a new header image and it worked fine for me. (on a laptop with windows 7)

You may want to move your question to the 'help' forum, and also provide some details about the image you are trying to upload.
(Which image are you trying to upload, avatar or header? What are the dimensions in pixels? etc....)
Windows 7?....I have had windows 10 for quite some time now!

-VR

RHP Member No.16

Moves
19 Feb 20

@very-rusty said

-VR
I live on the trailing edge of technology. But apparently the OP's problem has been resolved and the version of windows wasn't identified as being a factor.

Moves
19 Feb 20

@very-rusty said
Not all of us are that willing to send our personal data to Redmond, WA, USChina.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19 Feb 20
1 edit

@shallow-blue said
Not all of us are that willing to send our personal data to Redmond, WA, USChina.
There are also those of us who really don't care! 😉

What do you do when you can no longer get updates?

-VR

Moves
19 Feb 20

@very-rusty said
What do you do when you can no longer get updates?
Live.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19 Feb 20

@shallow-blue said
Live.
You will not be on your own computer if you don't have a windows to run it. I had XP until they stopped the updates then I had no choice but to make the switch. Before that I had windows 98 like forever....I was the last one using both windows 98 and XP.
Everyone else had already switched so by the time I got them all the bugs had been straightened out.

-VR