does anyone know why some of the flags

does anyone know why some of the flags

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King of Cool

AUSTIN, TEXAS

Moves
11 Dec 20

are missing? i've come across about 5 or 6 by now, take Sudan as an example? 🤔

Moves
12 Dec 20

At least Sudan is in the country list, poor South Sudan still isn't RHP recognized.

Australia

Moves
12 Dec 20

I'm guessing it's because nobody asked for it after South Sudan got their independence.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
12 Dec 20

@brrr said
are missing? i've come across about 5 or 6 by now, take Sudan as an example? 🤔
they're the trump sht hole countries

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
14 Dec 20

According to google there are 195 sovereign states in the world.
If their flags were all on the RHP flag database it would take up a lot of potentially wasted space.
I'm sure if a player requested an additional flag it would be done

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
25 Dec 20
3 edits

Northamptonshire, UK

Moves
10 Jan 21

The absence of an EU flag befits it's status imho, but there you go 😜

Moves
15 Jan 21

@kewpie said
I'm guessing it's because nobody asked for it after South Sudan got their independence.
Almost certainly. There are a lot of flags on this site that don't have any players, or at least, no active ones. This is a point of admittedly very petty irritation to me, as I try to collect flags; that is, play a game against a player (somewhere in my range, no sandbagging) flying as many different flags as possible.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
17 Jan 21

@shallow-blue said
Almost certainly. There are a lot of flags on this site that don't have any players, or at least, no active ones. This is a point of admittedly very petty irritation to me, as I try to collect flags; that is, play a game against a player (somewhere in my range, no sandbagging) flying as many different flags as possible.
Not sure every player shows their countries flag.
There's at least one player on here (can't remember who)that changed the flag on a regular basis whilst we were playing.
There's also some players who don't even display a flag.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 Jan 21

@venda said
There's at least one player on here (can't remember who)that changed the flag on a regular basis whilst we were playing.
I think the one changing flags explained that they change flags according to the ones their beaten opponents fly.

Moves
17 Jan 21

@venda said
I know, but a man needs a hobby. It was never meant to be serious. After all, even in the real world, top class chess players have played under different flags during their lives. World champions, even! But it's something to mildly amuse myself with, nevertheless.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
17 Jan 21

@ponderable said
I think the one changing flags explained that they change flags according to the ones their beaten opponents fly.
OK. Didn't know that

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
17 Jan 21

@shallow-blue said
I know, but a man needs a hobby. It was never meant to be serious. After all, even in the real world, top class chess players have played under different flags during their lives. World champions, even! But it's something to mildly amuse myself with, nevertheless.
OK

King of Cool

AUSTIN, TEXAS

Moves
02 Mar 21

@Shallow-Blue
also no flag for tibet!

Moves
04 Mar 21

@brrr said
@Shallow-Blue
also no flag for tibet!