1. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 00:12
    Just a very little thing: some of the buttons on the site here are "dynamic": they change the String on it, when they are clicked (and they could change the colour as well) and they are definitely just one time clickable. why not make the MOVE button such a buttom?
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 00:13
    Eg the "Post" button here is such a botton: It changes to "please wait..."
    answer and try it out! 😉
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 00:141 edit
    hey - is it just the case when it's the first posting in a thread? 🙄
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 00:34
    Originally posted by thire
    Eg the "Post" button here is such a botton: It changes to "please wait..."
    answer and try it out! 😉
    Can this be made presenting a text counting down? Like from 5 to 0 seconds, so you know how much time you have left of canceling the move? I bet many others feel the need for a quick undo functionality every now and then when they hit the move button and then, only then, realise the blunder they made.
  5. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 00:571 edit
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Can this be made presenting a text counting down? Like from 5 to 0 seconds, so you know how much time you have left of canceling the move? I bet many others feel the need for a quick undo functionality every now and then when they hit the move button and then, only then, realise the blunder they made.
    That's not a bad idea
  6. Earth Prime
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 07:07
    people don't want to wait 5 seconds for the move to register. I'm an advocate of the 5 minute takeback option if your opponent hasn't moved in that time period.
  7. London
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 13:521 edit
    Originally posted by thire
    hey - is it just the case when it's the first posting in a thread? 🙄
    I'm about to find out 😛

edit: it is.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 14:28
    I click on move, hold the mouse button, and quickly scan the board 1 last time. Its amazing what you suddenly see when the button is clicked (but not released).

D
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 14:38
    Originally posted by Coconut
    people don't want to wait 5 seconds for the move to register. I'm an advocate of the 5 minute takeback option if your opponent hasn't moved in that time period.
    No way!

There could only ever be a take back button IF your opponent hadn't seen your move. That means if your opponent hasn't been into the game screen and hasn't clicked on the "info" tab on the My Games page.

I'd be hella p'd off if I had just spent 4 minutes 59 seconds trying to figure out a move, and then realise that my opponent had taken back the move.

Even with the conditions I mentioned above, I'm not sure if I'm for the take back function, although I guess it would be a nice optional feature for two players who wished to agree to have the capability at the start of a game on a game by game basis.

D
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 17:16
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    No way!

There could only ever be a take back button [b]IF
    your opponent hadn't seen your move. That means if your opponent hasn't been into the game screen and hasn't clicked on the "info" tab on the My Games page.

I'd be hella p'd off if I had just spent 4 minutes 59 seconds trying to figure out a move, and then realise that my opponent h ...[text shortened]... who wished to agree to have the capability at the start of a game on a game by game basis.

D[/b]
    I never look at the game when its not my move so i wouldn't use this, I guess its an option although you could always just spend another 5 mins thinking about your move. It could be annoying if after your move you saw a better one but you just missed the 5 min timer as well.
  11. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 23:30
    Hmmmgrrrrr, I just did it again...
    I really really really really need this functionality, Russ and Chris...! Build it!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree