1. London
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 14:12
    Are these really necessary? I'm bored of receiving email reminders from opponents when I have plenty of time to make my next move. What on earth is the point of this?
  2. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 15:23
    Originally posted by Poisoned Pawn
    Are these really necessary? I'm bored of receiving email reminders from opponents when I have plenty of time to make my next move. What on earth is the point of this?
    to remind you to move duh 😉
  3. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 16:37
    To bug you.
  4. London
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 17:52
    Originally posted by Aiko
    To bug you.
    True dat 😉

But seriously, they are unnecessary. You already have an alert next to games where time is running out. I've noticed this particularly on the 21/21 tournament - I mean why enter if you can't be patient enough to wait for your opponents move? I think it is poor etiquette.
  5. Standard membertheboxdeluxe
    aka THED06580110X
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 18:491 edit
    Every reminder comes with the same title so set your email to auto delete them :-)
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 21:45
    Originally posted by Poisoned Pawn
    True dat 😉

But seriously, they are unnecessary. You already have an alert next to games where time is running out. I've noticed this particularly on the 21/21 tournament - I mean why enter if you can't be patient enough to wait for your opponents move? I think it is poor etiquette.
    I have set them up to go straight into my trash can, so I never even see them anymore.

The only reason that they could ever be useful, would be for occasional players, who might only visit the site once a week/month. Having said that, I hate reminders, and think you should have an option within RHP not to receive them at all. I'm amazed Russ hasn't added this feature as it would save him money on bandwidth as well.

D
  7. Standard memberjfkjmh
    nice one
    bed, chair or floor
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 23:06
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I have set them up to go straight into my trash can, so I never even see them anymore.

The only reason that they could ever be useful, would be for occasional players, who might only visit the site once a week/month. Having said that, I hate reminders, and think you should have an option within RHP not to receive them at all. I'm amazed Russ hasn't added this feature as it would save him money on bandwidth as well.

D
    You do!
    My Settings
    My Site Settings
    Receive move notifications
    Turn it of!
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 23:13
    Originally posted by jfkjmh
    You do!
    My Settings
    My Site Settings
    Receive move notifications
    Turn it of!
    Who ever mentioned move notifications?

D
  9. Standard memberjfkjmh
    nice one
    bed, chair or floor
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 23:39
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Who ever mentioned move notifications?

D
    I c u like `em better than reminders.
    Sorry to have bothered you.
  10. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 04:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Home
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 20:25

12. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 00:02

13. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 10:46
    I also hate receiving those pointless reminders. They were designed for the old timeout regime, and are now completely redundant and annoying.

The request to make them optional is as old as the hills. I guess it has never been high enough on Russ's to-do list.

Better still, rather than cluttering up the site, just remove the feature entirely. Then replace the reminder field from the Games List with useful information: Like time remaining before the timebank starts to erode, and the total time remaining before being timed out. And then allow us to sort/prioritse the games on those fields.
  14. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 11:07
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    I also hate receiving those pointless reminders. They were designed for the old timeout regime, and are now completely redundant and annoying.

The request to make them optional is as old as the hills. I guess it has never been high enough on Russ's to-do list.

Better still, rather than cluttering up the site, just remove the feature entirely. Then ...[text shortened]... maining before being timed out. And then allow us to sort/prioritse the games on those fields.
    Yep. Thats what we want. Getting Russ to action it is a bit like waiting for paint to dry.

skeeter

PS Gate's post gets a rec.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree