Originally posted by SacTheKing
(didn't know whether to post in clan forum or site ideas so put it in both)
Yeah, sometimes its a tough call where to put a thread.
- You want the admins to help you end the season so you could have posted it in the help forum.
- Its about chess games so you could have posted it in this forum too.
- You compared clan leagues with tournaments so you could have placed it there.
Posers and Puzzles
- Its really kind of a puzzle how to move on with this issue.
- Quite obvious.
- Your idea to set a standard time for leagues (this idea is not in this thread but only in Thread 134038
) requires some developping/programming.
- Your idea might have pros and cons so its open for debate.
- Quite obvious again.
- Some people might have religious reasons to play games to the bitter end.
- Because chess is a thinking sport.
- Maybe its RHP culture to wait for all games of the season to end.
Clubs Public Forum
- Because this forum is so useless it might need a thread once in a while.
Ok...some of these are kinda farfetched:p Whenever you have an idea that requires the site to change, no matter on what part (open invites - tournaments - clanchallenges etc), I would just put it in Site Ideas
Now my opinion on the issue you presented:
I agree to the point where a season should end when a smaller numer of games (<5) are holding it up. 1st, 2nd, 9th and 10th positions in divisions should be decided ofcourse. And ofcourse the remaining games dont end, they can be played out however the players like.
I expect this to make seasons start months earlyer or maybe even years for the longer timecontrol.
I do not like your idea of a set time for every league (this idea of you is only in the other thread). It might give to much timepressure for some people. Besides that the length of a season should be longer when the season is during vacation for example.