1. London
    Moves
    03 Aug '05 21:40
    As it is the size of someone's avatar in the forums is so miniscule that I rarely understand what it is about. It would be much better if the size of the avatar could be made bigger, that way I could actually see what the thing is, instead of looking at a random mix of colours.

Fred
  2. In your face
    Moves
    03 Aug '05 22:15
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    As it is the size of someone's avatar in the forums is so miniscule that I rarely understand what it is about. It would be much better if the size of the avatar could be made bigger, that way I could actually see what the thing is, instead of looking at a random mix of colours.

Fred
    Wouldn't that suck the brains out of Russ's server!? Better idea, convince people to get clearer avatars.
  3. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Aug '05 22:37
    ...and those poor suckers still on dial-up.
  4. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 09:08
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Wouldn't that suck the brains out of Russ's server!? Better idea, convince people to get clearer avatars.
    Avatars aren't stored on Russ's server, and we just get a reference to the avatar file (i.e. where it's stored), so the file won't pass through Russ's server - hence no extra server load, no matter what the file size.

I'm fair certain the avatars on here are similar in size to avatars anywhere else? I haven't seen any issues with clarity myself!

M

5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 12:08
    Originally posted by Freddie2004

Fred
    In Firefox, right click and then view image. Often, you'll be shown a larger version of the avatar.

D
  6. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 12:211 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    In Firefox, right click and then view image. Often, you'll be shown a larger version of the avatar.

D
    And in IE just drag the avatar to the address bar and it will open in optimum size (mine is damn fine!) 😉
  7. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 18:04
    Originally posted by Exy
    And in IE just drag the avatar to the address bar and it will open in optimum size (mine is damn fine!) 😉
    You're right!

That's a damn fine pie you got there Exy! 😛

M
  8. Earth Prime
    Moves
    05 Aug '05 16:50
    Originally posted by Exy
    Maybe I should stop editing mine down to size then so people could get a better view...
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Aug '05 17:10
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Maybe I should stop editing mine down to size then so people could get a better view...
    I hate when I see an image too small, and go direct and the stupid image is only 50x50.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree