Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Standard member Stregone
    Stregone
    21 May '08 02:41
    I just received, this day 5/20/08, an "envelope" for a game that is 21 day to move, and 21 days time bank; and it says that my opponent has 18 days to move. Why, oh why, is my "games" list being littered with stupid envelope-icons? They're like blown bits of trash in the gutter and about the streets; very untidy!
  2. 21 May '08 04:44
    And I understand that, every year, thousands of seabirds are killed by improperly disposed of RHP reminder envelopes.
  3. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    21 May '08 07:47
    Originally posted by Stregone
    I just received, this day 5/20/08, an "envelope" for a game that is 21 day to move, and 21 days time bank; and it says that my opponent has 18 days to move. Why, oh why, is my "games" list being littered with stupid envelope-icons? They're like blown bits of trash in the gutter and about the streets; very untidy!
    If you use firefox and the adblock extension, right click on an envelope, and choose adblock image. You'll never see another envelope again (unless you choose to unblock them).

D
  4. 21 May '08 08:46
    I actually like these envelopes. They tells me that this game is nearer than others to have a potential time out. It's kind of reminder for me...

If you don't like them, just click on it and it will disappear.
    Well, it generates a reminder in a mail sent to them, but who reads them anyway?
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 May '08 14:39
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Don't forget smilies, who needs them!

P-
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 May '08 15:50
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Just their stupid avatar I guess... though there is rumors of greasemonkey scripts that could block postings.

P-
  7. Standard member Stregone
    Stregone
    23 May '08 02:11
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    If you use firefox and the adblock extension, right click on an envelope, and choose adblock image. You'll never see another envelope again (unless you choose to unblock them).

D
    Great. I did just that, and that action got rid of ALL icons. I didn't want to get rid of them all, just those envelopes.