1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 10:332 edits
    Some more details, as this has now been released in an early version.

All games will be created as :

Move Timeout - 3 days
    Initial Timebank - 7 days

The greeter will always play black as we need the new user to have moves waiting as they join.

Regarding max games, the greeter games will ignore your site max games setting. So it will work like "buddy privelages" on the challenge settings - that is, you will always get the game if you have not reached your max greeter games.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 11:49
    Game counts do not decrement right now, but will fix this shortly.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 13:09
    Originally posted by Russ
    Game counts do not decrement right now, but will fix this shortly.
    A perhaps minor Point: I have one game running, but the Counter says 3 games. Will the other become only visible after the Opponent agreed to Play?
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 13:14
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    A perhaps minor Point: I have one game running, but the Counter says 3 games. Will the other become only visible after the Opponent agreed to Play?
    That is a bug/incomplete work. I started 2 test games against you, then deleted them, so that will be corrected shortly.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 14:211 edit
    This is now corrected for your account and will update during the day from now on.

So, for a period each day, you could show more active games on the greeter list that you currently really have.

edit : It will be off by one for another 12 hours now.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 22:41
    Got my first live customer, made my opening move, and he deleted the game. That went well .... 🙁
  7. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 02:061 edit
    They saw your 1079 and ran in fear. 😛 Hey QP, did you or Russ add the sentence to your profile?
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 04:221 edit
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    They saw your 1079 and ran in fear. 😛 Hey QP, did you or Russ add the sentence to your profile?
    That's mine, it's been there a while, before this greeter stuff started. Guess I can take it down now since I'm on the greeter list and it's working.

Something odd though: I have a Welcome game on my games list (as a not started), and the newbie who's in it User 720167 has a total of NINE nonsub games on his list (he's playing just one of them). Do you think I should refer that to Russ? There may be a bug there.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 09:56
    I suspect they pressed back on the browser to start more games once they started the first batch. This has now been patched to prevent this.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 14:32
    A slight glitch with greeter selection has been fixed too. It is now based on who is currently active.
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 14:53
    Originally posted by Russ
    A slight glitch with greeter selection has been fixed too. It is now based on who is currently active.
    When you say "currently active" are you talking about the green dot that shows you have moved within the past ten minutes? I normally have the green dot turned off in my settings.

I only play one or two regular games at any given time and therefore most of the time I would not have a green dot, even though I may be in and out of the site several times each day. Does that mean I will not be assigned to any of the greeter games?

Another question. I'm an original pawnstar but am not currently a subscriber. I'm not sure I'm supposed to even be signed up as a greeter. I noticed somewhere that it specifies subscribers only.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 15:09
    If you are the last greeter to be active (to have made a move) with capacity spare, you will be offered the game.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 03:36
    I've heard from other greeters that Kewpie and Ponderable are getting more than their fair share of games because they're online so often. As a result, after looking at the length of the list, I've reduced my greeter game limit and suggested to Ponderable that he do the same. I understand that prompt response is appropriate in this situation, and maybe, Russ, you could look at that with a view to not overloading some and neglecting others.
  14. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 13:321 edit
    I'm logged on several times each day but you would not know it by the green dot indicator. I only play a few games at a time which really cuts down on how recently I have made a move.

Maybe the green dot should be changed to indicate that a person is logged on, rather than showing they have made a move within the past ten minutes. When you click a profile you can still see when someone last moved. Quite often I'm logged on and surfing around the forums, etc. because I have my moves all caught up and am just hanging around.

The green dot indicator can be turned on or off in the settings, for those who prefer not to have their presence known. That's fine, but it would be more meaningful if the green dot meant that a person is logged on, regardless of when they last moved.

I suppose some people stay logged on all the time whether they are physically present at their computer or not, but I can't imagine that is very common.
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 00:20
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I suppose some people stay logged on all the time whether they are physically present at their computer or not, but I can't imagine that is very common.
    I suspect you're wrong about that, I stay permanently logged on at a total of four places, can't even remember what I have to do to log in. What are others doing?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree