establish volunteers for newby care

establish volunteers for newby care

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
18 Jul 13
1 edit

I'm going to try this anyway, so at some point tomorrow* I'm going to release the code to accept volunteers as greeters.

The "welcome games" themselves should start early next week - not finished or tested that part quite yet, but nearly there.

(*could slip to Monday).

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
19 Jul 13

Originally posted by Russ
I'm going to try this anyway, so at some point tomorrow* I'm going to release the code to accept volunteers as greeters.

The "welcome games" themselves should start early next week - not finished or tested that part quite yet, but nearly there.

(*could slip to Monday).
Excellent, it's definitely worth a try !!

Australia

Moves
19 Jul 13

It's a bit like a baby who's miscounted its appearance date; we'll be happy to see it, whenever it arrives. 🙂

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
19 Jul 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
It's a bit like a baby who's miscounted its appearance date; we'll be happy to see it, whenever it arrives. 🙂
Shall we take bets...I say monday....welllllll, within the week sounds safer lol...

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
19 Jul 13

I take the bet, I believe in Russ' abilities.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
19 Jul 13

You'll notice a new game filter exists now...so phase 1 complete and live.

But no sign up or games. Greeter sign ups should be up shortly...

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
19 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Ponderable
I take the bet, I believe in Russ' abilities.
Ok, looks like you've gained the upper hand...
but hang on, it's well gone 18:00hrs, on a friday evening, and although the new 'welcome' feature is plainly evident on the game type filter there's something still missing to complete the feature...
It hangs in the balance, as much as I'd really like to see the end result also, I'm sticking with monday as it's mighty hot in London presently, the 'normal' working week is over, and pretty much everyone could \ would \ should be hankering after relaxing by any pool or bit of cold water close by...or given opportunity why not nip to the nearest beach, perhaps he's contemplating this dilemma just about NOW lol...

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
19 Jul 13

Still here...

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
19 Jul 13

Still here...
Excellent, still knuckling down...the beach can wait, I did forget about air conditioned offices these days ;-)

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
19 Jul 13
7 edits

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
Excellent, still knuckling down...the beach can wait, I did forget about air conditioned offices these days ;-)
Air conditioning? I have a huge great spitfire prop' going at full speed about 1 foot away, plus I'm working bare feet AND shirtless. Apologies to all who have to witness this...but RHP HQ is an oven. 🙂 Lyme Bay would be nice (I know it well) ... if I lived there, I know where I would be right now. (edit : a quick dip before a pint(*n) in the Royal Standard in case you were wondering)

Anyways, back on topic, Provisional greeter sign up. Anything could change, at anytime...

Full feature roll out next week, but I'll message everyone who has signed up at that time.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
19 Jul 13

Thank you again, and good to see you going in front of us 🙂

Australia

Moves
19 Jul 13

Easy to sign up, volunteer gets to set the parameters - I like it. Thanks Russ.

TEXAS

STATE OF THE HEART

Moves
19 Jul 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
I guess nobody wants to be number three. 🙁
I'll do it.

TEA PARTY MEMBER

St Maarten, Neth Ant

Moves
20 Jul 13

I often play newbies, no problems.

Luck / Harri

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
20 Jul 13

Air conditioning? I have a huge great spitfire prop' going at full speed about 1 foot away, plus I'm working bare feet AND shirtless. Apologies to all who have to witness this...but RHP HQ is an oven. 🙂 Lyme Bay would be nice (I know it well) ... if I lived there, I know where I would be right now. (edit : a quick dip before a pint(*n) in the Royal Standard ...[text shortened]...

Full feature roll out next week, but I'll message everyone who has signed up at that time.
Sounds like you need to make one of those 'essential living expense' claims with the Inland Revenue...forget all the other stuff they consider acceptable, like food, gas and electricity, you need some 'central air' to achieve the best efficiency for all who work with you...an absolute breeze for about £10k lol...
I've just taken a job in Holland, Lisse, but we have our home in Uplyme...for the time being at least, but pleeease let me know if you're after a 'relatively cheap' holiday rental, and any time soon'ISH 😉 ...you'll know Uplyme, bear right on your way up the hill when venturing up the main street...just beyond the 'Volunteer Inn', and it takes you up the 'back route' to the main A35...they've always done very good coffee in the Royal Standard, sunday mornings were great...'I believe' they have some pretty heavy real ale also. Since the Olympics the prices have shot up though, the price we paid ( but well well worth it ! ) for some pretty big spending North American tourists that 'rediscovered' our shoreline, and what a World Heritage Site really is all about...but as you know the place well, I'll sell it no more 🙂

One more thing, seems like the 'meeters' are being awful keen offering 25 'welcome games'...I'm going to be apparently stingy, but I offer a 'chat laden' TEN 😀