1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Jul '13 04:30
    I figured I'd let the 25 stand because I didn't want to look mean, but if things get out of hand it'll come down quickly. The way I read it, you're given priority if you're currently online, so people with a lot of spare time to spend here will bear the brunt of the traffic.
  2. Joined
    17 Jan '10
    Moves
    20 Jul '13 06:51
    I'm happy to volunteer
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Jul '13 06:55
    Originally posted by Bonarparte
    I'm happy to volunteer
    Use the link in Russ's post halfway down this page. {Tried to reproduce it here but couldn't, sorry}
  4. Pretoria
    Moves
    20 Jul '13 15:28
    I will volunteer.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Jul '13 17:18
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/greeter/index.php

This adress brings you to the greeter sign-up.
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    20 Jul '13 17:32
    Yeah, I'm in. My greeting message got chopped off, will there be a chance to correct it? The greeter concurrent limit is different from the regular concurrent limit that I currently have set to 0?
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Jul '13 17:37
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Yeah, I'm in. My greeting message got chopped off, will there be a chance to correct it? The greeter concurrent limit is different from the regular concurrent limit that I currently have set to 0?
    If you go to the link with the list you will find a "edit my settings" button to the left.

Welcome on board.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Jul '13 18:31
    I will add something to each "greeters" profile next week, highlighting not only your contribution, but also the fact that such a scheme exists. This should raise awareness long term and hopefully get some more people on board.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Jul '13 18:36
    Originally posted by Luck
    I often play newbies, no problems.

Luck / Harri
    Try to sign up now, you won't be excluded.

Provisional greeter sign up
  10. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Jul '13 19:501 edit
    I have a query, is anyone aware of how new members will actually 'access' their potential greeter ?
    Maybe I've missed something, please tell me I'm daft and it's staring me in the face here lol...but are each of the 'welcome folk' going to be continually present \ included within the 'open invites' section...maybe a direct link to what we see now, en masse, will be present within open invites ?
    It certainly needs to be clear and obvious, however it's achieved...

Edit: Hang on, I can see it's 'maybe' not yet decided how this will happen...still, the question is valid given that fact ??
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Jul '13 20:381 edit
    As new users join, they are currently given an option of inviting friends (by email) or/and matching up with other recent new active users.

They will now also be shown available greeters too.
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Jul '13 23:352 edits
    Originally posted by Russ
    As new users join, they are currently given an option of inviting friends (by email) or/and matching up with other recent new active users.

They will now also be shown available greeters too.
    I'd be inclined to remove the option of matching up with other recent arrivals. So many of these disappear after only a move or two, you run the risk of losing both players. If there's a big enough greeters' pool this removes that risk.

My other suggestion is for Russ to post in the Help Forum about the greeters' list. People who are likely to be willing helpers read the Help Forum.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Jul '13 23:36
    Originally posted by Russ
    I will add something to each "greeters" profile next week, highlighting not only your contribution, but also the fact that such a scheme exists. This should raise awareness long term and hopefully get some more people on board.
    Nothing too obtrusive I hope, the last thing we need is a giant block print "OFFICIAL GREETER" stuck on our profiles ...
  14. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    21 Jul '13 23:57
    We have seperate game limit settings for regular and greeter games.
    If each is set to a 3 game limit, is that a total limit of 3 games in any combination, or a limit of 3 regular plus another 3 greeter games, for 6 altogether?

Just wondering.....
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jul '13 11:16
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    We have seperate game limit settings for regular and greeter games.
    If each is set to a 3 game limit, is that a total limit of 3 games in any combination, or a limit of 3 regular plus another 3 greeter games, for 6 altogether?

Just wondering.....
    Greeter games will be part of your overall total, so max site games should be set above greeter total unless you just want to play greeter games primarily.

Ill make a few edits to force this.

If everyone plays at their max games already, then clearly this won't work, so it will need to be revised.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree