1. Standard memberSPDChess
    Chess Monk
    Surrey
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 10:28
    When searching for something 99% of the time I only want to search within a single forum. For instance I recently was searching for threads on the London System and only wanted stuff in Chess Only, instead I got quite a few hits from General, Debates etc.. which were not useful at all yet I had to weed through them to get at something useful.

The same could be said for the recommended list. Depending on mood and needs, well usually only want 1 forum's recommendation.

There is so much useful here it's a shame that it take so much work to get at it. FWIW, if you could refine the searches you might find you'd get a lot less repeat question/posts

Just a thought
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 10:56
    Originally posted by SPDChess
    When searching for something 99% of the time I only want to search within a single forum. For instance I recently was searching for threads on the London System and only wanted stuff in Chess Only, instead I got quite a few hits from General, Debates etc.. which were not useful at all yet I had to weed through them to get at something useful.

The same co ...[text shortened]... fine the searches you might find you'd get a lot less repeat question/posts

Just a thought
    Recced.

D
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 11:59
    Originally posted by SPDChess

The same co ...[text shortened]... fine the searches you might find you'd get a lot less repeat question/posts

Just a thought
    I agree.
    In the meantime, if you put the name of the forum first, [ie Only Chess+whatever you are searching for] it helps to narrow it down, I find.
  4. Standard memberSPDChess
    Chess Monk
    Surrey
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 12:35
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I agree.
    In the meantime, if you put the name of the forum first, [ie Only Chess+whatever you are searching for] it helps to narrow it down, I find.
    Great suggestion!
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 16:06
    I like the idea.

Often I know that there is some interesting in one particular forum, perhaps by som particular author, but it seems to be impossible to find it.

I too want to have better search possibilities!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree