1. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 23:35
    You have a banned list on the site map, how about a forum banned list on the site map, with length of sentence. Would kinda like being able to read the police log in your local paper.
  2. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 08:41
    We should change the terminology, "forum ban" should be "forum probation". There should be varying lengths of probation too. If you write a distasteful post then the text of your post should be cleared and replaced by red bold text stating (for example) "So and So has received an 8 hour probation for this post"
  3. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 10:30
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    You have a banned list on the site map, how about a forum banned list on the site map, with length of sentence. Would kinda like being able to read the police log in your local paper.
    Good Idea.

I also think that it should say who has written the post that has been removed:

Therefore we can kind of guess what they were going to say anyway. Regular offenders will be shamed too.
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 10:58
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Good Idea.

I also think that it should say who has written the post that has been removed:

Therefore we can kind of guess what they were going to say anyway. Regular offenders will be shamed too.
    That's what I just wrote:
  5. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 10:59
    hopscotch has given himself a 1 hour probation for this post

The post that was here has been removed.
  6. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 12:131 edit
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    We should change the terminology, "forum ban" should be "forum probation". There should be varying lengths of probation too. If you write a distasteful post then the text of your post should be cleared and replaced by red bold text stating (for example) "So and So has received an 8 hour probation for this post"
    Nice idea, but probation sounds gay.

If they get banned, call it a 'ban', not some candy-ass, less offensive word that doesn't actually describe the punishment.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 13:00
    8 hour bans? I'm more a 7 to 14 DAY guy myself.

P-
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 14:15
    I agree with this idea - I actually suggested it myself last year but gave up after being ridiculed, as per normal with site ideas from non-sub scum. 🙁
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 14:17
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I agree with this idea - I actually suggested it myself last year but gave up after being ridiculed, as per normal with site ideas from non-sub scum. 🙁
    Cram it, cheapskate.

Sorry about that - anyways, I am also for this splendid idea. If nothing else, just to get a laugh at the list and then mock them in the forums with no fear of response.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 14:55
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Cram it, cheapskate.

Sorry about that - anyways, I am also for this splendid idea. If nothing else, just to get a laugh at the list and then mock them in the forums with no fear of response.
    Thanx for clearly demonstrating why this IS a bad idea.

P-
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 15:01
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Thanx for clearly demonstrating why this IS a bad idea.

P-
    You're welcome. Since it is a bad idea, I expect it to be implemented at this site in no time. Can we have an ETA, Russ?
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 15:35
    Originally posted by darvlay
    You're welcome. Since it is a bad idea, I expect it to be implemented at this site in no time. Can we have an ETA, Russ?
    You're a bad boy, ehhhh?

P-
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 16:431 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You're a bad boy, ehhhh?

P-
    I'm a badger in a time when badgers are kittens and vice cersa.
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 19:26
    http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php

A link to the post in question (offending posts aren't deleted on SA except in a few cases), a link to the profile of the poster, a reason and the admin who processed the ban.
  15. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 22:40
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Yeah. Also the moderator should be listed who imposed the ban that way we can get a report card on them also.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree