1. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 22:57
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php

A link to the post in question (offending posts aren't deleted on SA except in a few cases), a link to the profile of the poster, a reason and the admin who processed the ban.
    I really like the idea - people would get to see the work the mods do (currently they only tend to know about the removals/bans that people whinge about, and then from a biased POV), and see what people are banned for. For one, it'd stop people distorting the truth about why they were banned.

However, people are not always banned for 1 post alone, but rather a sequence of infractions - how would you like to every post that had lead to an eventual ban?

The down side is that posts that were considered unfit for general forums can simply be viewed elsewhere. Or is that a downside if the posts had been moved to a 'this is unacceptable' forum?
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 23:26
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    I really like the idea - people would get to see the work the mods do (currently they only tend to know about the removals/bans that people whinge about, and then from a biased POV), and see what people are banned for. For one, it'd stop people distorting the truth about why they were banned.

However, people are not always banned for 1 post alone, b ...[text shortened]... sewhere. Or is that a downside if the posts had been moved to a 'this is unacceptable' forum?
    Here's how it works,
    If you are banning someone for a group of posts you link to one example post and put something like "Spamming the forums with his personal brand of insanity." or "I don't like his face.". That's why the reason is there, the mod can explain themself.
    On SomethingAwful most posts that earn probation/ban are not deleted (there's no real need), some are edited (ones contained illegal things, horrible pictures, table breaking etc.) but many remain as they were. There is a place to move horrible thread to that can still be viewed but they are isolated and no one can reply to them. That probably wouldn't be the case here, here posts that break the rules are deleted so a link to the post probably wouldn't work. But even without the link it would still be a good plan.

Imagine a very simplistic version which has only a list of people banned, how long they were banned for and a simple reason why (cheat accusation, bad words, spamming etc.). That would be quite useful and it would probably aid mods who could then have access to a player's forum history (containing all the punishments they have recieved) so you can quickly stamp on repeat offenders.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 23:27
    Originally posted by slimjim
    Yeah. Also the moderator should be listed who imposed the ban that way we can get a report card on them also.
    If you don't like the way the forums are run complain to the site admin. If you don't like the answer you get from them your choices are to leave or learn to live with it.
  4. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 23:33
    If you don't like the way the forums are run complain to the site admin. If you don't like the answer you get from them your choices are to leave or learn to live with it.
    Shutup
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 23:36
    Shutup
    I'm just telling you how it is. If you don't like how RHP is run then why are you still here?
  6. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 23:43
    I'm just telling you how it is. If you don't like how RHP is run then why are you still here?
    To irritate people like you. As long as they take my money then I can voice my complaints as I see fit. If you don't like that then I suggest you leave RHP.
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 23:59
    To irritate people like you. As long as they take my money then I can voice my complaints as I see fit. If you don't like that then I suggest you leave RHP.
    🙄

I'm not the one whining because I can't say the N word.
    Would you say the N word in Denny's where you could be overheard by teenagers?
  8. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 00:06
    🙄

I'm not the one whining because I can't say the N word.
    Would you say the N word in Denny's where you could be overheard by teenagers?
    Yeah I've done it many times. Now what else do you have to say?
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 00:26
    Yeah I've done it many times. Now what else do you have to say?
    Why do you say the N word?
  10. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 00:41
    Why do you say the N word?
    Why do Blacks say it? Why is it on most rap songs? Why does Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Wayans brothers and others say it? They also use the term Honkey which is an slang word for a white person that some people think is offensive.
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 00:45
    Why do Blacks say it? Why is it on most rap songs? Why does Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Wayans brothers and others say it? They also use the term Honkey which is an slang word for a white person that some people think is offensive.
    Do you hate black people? That's the impression I'm getting from your posts.
  12. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 00:51
    Do you hate black people? That's the impression I'm getting from your posts.
    No. I have Black relatives. My family is probably the defination of the Rainbow family. I just think being banned for a word is simply asinine. Especially a word is used by the same race of people that it is supposed to offend.
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 01:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 01:331 edit
    Originally posted by belgianfreak

However, people are not always banned for 1 post alone, b ...[text shortened]... sewhere. Or is that a downside if the posts had been moved to a 'this is unacceptable' forum?
    Maybe there should just be a tally of posts, that way the amount of crap the guy posts would be apparent, but the colour of the crap wouldn't......not saying the colour would be black or anything, that'd just be racist or something 😛
  15. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 01:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree