1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 03:45
    Originally posted by trev33
    i find it hard trusting a person who is wrong 99.9% of the time... but i'm inclined to agree with you here 😛

i bet you know were some killer wild mushrooms are growing.
    My suggestion would be not to believe someone who is wrong 99.9% of the time.

Listen to someone like myself that is correct 99.9% of the time!

I get my mushrooms fresh from a grocery store, and don't insinuate differently.
  2. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 06:11
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    We're at an impasse. As I see it, OP's idea has nothing to do with leniency, but rather keeping the moderation of public and private forums separate. The public mods should not have any control over the private forums. That should belong exclusively to the owner of the private forum.
    yeah, SG has the right idea. I'm not seeking any more leniency in the GF, but rather a distinction between public and private forums.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 17:39
    Originally posted by Big Orange Country
    yeah, SG has the right idea. I'm not seeking any more leniency in the GF, but rather a distinction between public and private forums.
    Actually you are looking for leniency by wanting to being allowed to post in the Private Forums when under a Public Forums ban.

The Public Forums bans would then just become a joke!
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 18:00
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    The Public Forums bans would then just become a joke!
    why
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 18:09
    I get my mushrooms fresh from a grocery store, and don't insinuate differently.
    boy scouts never taught you which wild mushrooms to look for? beats the crap out of anything store bought.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 20:191 edit
    why
    Because if someone gets a ban from public forums but is still able to post in private forums they are free to post as they wish in public while still retaining rights to post in private forums.

I myself would lobby for a removal of PM rights when a forum ban is issued and limit a user to chess and feedback only.

It's not that easy to be issued a ban here at RHP, why make the punishment even weaker for posters who are unable to first listen to warnings and next lose their privilege to post? Anyone getting a ban knows they did something wrong, regardless if they are willing to admit it or not.

P-
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '10 01:13
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Because if someone gets a ban from public forums but is still able to post in private forums they are free to post as they wish in public while still retaining rights to post in private forums.

I myself would lobby for a removal of PM rights when a forum ban is issued and limit a user to chess and feedback only.

It's not that easy to be issued a ban ...[text shortened]... a ban knows they did something wrong, regardless if they are willing to admit it or not.

P-
    no PMs? only chess? that's crAzy talk...

It's not that easy to be issued a ban here at RHP

lol
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Feb '10 01:53
    The purpose of a public forum ban is to:
    1. prevent the user from messing up public forum;
    2. make the user totally miserable so that he never messes up a public forum again;
    3. give the surviving users something to gossip about, a bit like the highschool girl with the big tummy;
    4. give the user's fellow clubmembers an excuse to whinge in their private forums about the fact that public forum moderators have the power to invade their space.

Anyone think of any others?
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Feb '10 04:25
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

It's not that easy to be issued a ban ...[text shortened]... a ban knows they did something wrong, regardless if they are willing to admit it or not.

P-
    Please clarify the first sentence. If someone gets a ban from public forums, then how can they be 'free to post as they wish in public'?
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '10 04:46
    Please clarify the first sentence. If someone gets a ban from public forums, then how can they be 'free to post as they wish in public'?
    he means people will tend to be more slack with their public forum postings. if they get a ban... who cares, private forums are much better anyway. the largest ban i've received is a month... did i miss posting in the public forums? no. but i did miss posting in the pirates forums... if i was able to post in private while being banned in public i wouldn't care if i received a long ban... and i don't need to spell out what happens when people don't care about the consequences.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Feb '10 05:533 edits
    he means people will tend to be more slack with their public forum postings. if they get a ban... who cares, private forums are much better anyway. the largest ban i've received is a month... did i miss posting in the public forums? no. but i did miss posting in the pirates forums... if i was able to post in private while being banned in public i wouldn't car ...[text shortened]... .. and i don't need to spell out what happens when people don't care about the consequences.
    Shrug. Sounds like RHP got a nuisance poster out of the public forums for a whole month, yet kept him as a paying customer. I see no downside.

If you kept pushing their buttons, they could just give you an indefinite ban in the public forums, and let you keep posting in the private ones. Problem solved.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '10 06:36

[b]It's not that easy to be issued a ban here at RHP

lol[/b]
    I hate to have to agree with you!
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    13 Feb '10 15:47
    🙂 I have to disagree 😀
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '10 18:48
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    🙂 I have to disagree 😀
    What exactly are you disagreeing too. 😉
  15. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    13 Feb '10 22:07
    What exactly are you disagreeing too. 😉
    I take it you have poor reading skills 🙄
    You agreed & I disagreed re : "It's not that easy to be issued a ban here at RHP"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree