1. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 16:38
    It would be really nice to have page numbers next to the thread names so we didn't have to click into the thread and then jump to the last/appropriate page. It would also be nice if the page numbers inside a thread didn't stop at 20. In both instances, there should be a link directly to the last page.

thanks,
  2. Joined
    06 Feb '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 16:59
    Click on the date to go directly to last page.
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 14:45
    Originally posted by Windsor Mike
    Click on the date to go directly to last page.
    Doesn't work if you accessed the particular thread via the most recommended posts link, or via searching the forums by author.

Having the ability to jump to the last page while you are already in the thread would be useful feature.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 19:42
    Originally posted by lausey
    Doesn't work if you accessed the particular thread via the most recommended posts link, or via searching the forums by author.

Having the ability to jump to the last page while you are already in the thread would be useful feature.
    So that people can more easily respond to threads they haven't read?
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 20:20
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    So that people can more easily respond to threads they haven't read?
    The current system hardly stops them from doing that. In fact, if I go from the 'most rec'ed of the week' list to a thread, I end up just skipping through all the pages until I get to the post that made the list. I'll read a few posts before it to establish context, but I usually can't be bothered to read 10+ pages of posts.

The links from any 'most rec'd' list, or forum search, should bring you directly to that post within its thread. That's the whole point of having forum searches, isn't it? To find a specific post by a specific person.
  6. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 00:22
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The current system hardly stops them from doing that. In fact, if I go from the 'most rec'ed of the week' list to a thread, I end up just skipping through all the pages until I get to the post that made the list. I'll read a few posts before it to establish context, but I usually can't be bothered to read 10+ pages of posts.

The links from any 'mos ...[text shortened]... oint of having forum searches, isn't it? To find a specific post by a specific person.
    I really like the way you said that.

I agree, it would be nice to click right to it from the recommened post. If this was only possible from the recommended thread. It would be a benifit to the entire the rec system.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree