1. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 23:01
    I suggest that a mechanism for appealing Mods decisions be established. At the moment most parties in the clans forum seem to agree that the behaviour of one mod in particular is in appropriately dictatorial. They need to understand that mods do not rule by divine right
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 23:29
    Given what's been going on in the Clans forum, this looks like an attempt to justify a lot of bad behaviour by a small number of people in there. There have been occasions in the past when a concerted attack has been made on a single moderator or group of moderators. It's not helpful, any more than throwing stones at riot police, to blame those who are trying to clean up the mess that the protestors themselves have created.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    08 Nov '12 01:001 edit
    I can't see why the site would want to undermine a particular moderator..I know who you mean though, 'sometimes' the moderator comments made are perhaps a touch condescending...MAYBE, though, he \ she feels such an attitude is the only way to communicate their viewpoint. I say 'their viewpoint' but let's face it, the place is a sham...now push has come to shove though, subscribers STILL feel they can carry on in the same old manner but imho the mod' is making it perfectly clear that it isn't an option...
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 Nov '12 04:50
    Originally posted by drdon
    I suggest that a mechanism for appealing Mods decisions be established. At the moment most parties in the clans forum seem to agree that the behaviour of one mod in particular is in appropriately dictatorial. They need to understand that mods do not rule by divine right
    I think they should just turn off alerts for the Clans forum and let it remain the sewer that it is.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Nov '12 13:05
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think they should just turn off alerts for the Clans forum and let it remain the sewer that it is.
    I am tempted to thumb up this suggestion. The point is that it is still an offical part of the site... Ia gree strictly with the suggestion to do away with it completely. Some people don't understand the British humour in goading, or whatever
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 Nov '12 14:39
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I am tempted to thumb up this suggestion. The point is that it is still an offical part of the site... Ia gree strictly with the suggestion to do away with it completely. Some people don't understand the British humour in goading, or whatever
    It's not so much a British thing IMO...it's more the domination of the forum by a feud that no one cares about.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Nov '12 16:35
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I can't see why the site would want to undermine a particular moderator..I know who you mean though, 'sometimes' the moderator comments made are perhaps a touch condescending...MAYBE, though, he \ she feels such an attitude is the only way to communicate their viewpoint. I say 'their viewpoint' but let's face it, the place is a sham...now push has come t ...[text shortened]... me old manner but imho the mod' is making it perfectly clear that it isn't an option...
    There should be a page like the thumbs page but dedicated to moderator "Greatest Hits".
  8. Standard memberjohnyg
    Metallica is weak
    better then here!
    Moves
    08 Nov '12 18:37
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I can't see why the site would want to undermine a particular moderator..I know who you mean though, 'sometimes' the moderator comments made are perhaps a touch condescending...MAYBE, though, he \ she feels such an attitude is the only way to communicate their viewpoint. I say 'their viewpoint' but let's face it, the place is a sham...now push has come t ...[text shortened]... me old manner but imho the mod' is making it perfectly clear that it isn't an option...
    If being condescending is the only way a moderator can get their point across, perhaps being a moderator isn't a great fit for that individual.
  9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    08 Nov '12 20:15
    Originally posted by drdon
    big thumbs up, moderators let blatant cheats play here (many free) but paying subs cant have a bit of banter in the clan forum. its titled goad ridecule etc, other clans. some of the funniest quotes i have ever read are in the clan forum, if you dont like it dont read them. now we are told freedom of speech does not exist here, well i for one is glad that freedom to re-subscribt is still a option, know what i will be doing (or not doing) next year
  10. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    08 Nov '12 21:32
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Given what's been going on in the Clans forum, this looks like an attempt to justify a lot of bad behaviour by a small number of people in there. There have been occasions in the past when a concerted attack has been made on a single moderator or group of moderators. It's not helpful, any more than throwing stones at riot police, to blame those who are trying to clean up the mess that the protestors themselves have created.
    Attacking a particular moderator is certainly unjustified but it is also difficult to do if we don't know who they are.
    However we should all wholeheartedly object to anyone on this site, moderator or not that repeatedly attacks freedom of speech, or apparently believes that moderators should not be called on to justify strange decisions.
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 00:132 edits
    Originally posted by johnyg
    If being condescending is the only way a moderator can get their point across, perhaps being a moderator isn't a great fit for that individual.
    "Sorry, your forum posting rights have been withdrawn.
    A forum moderator has chosen to temporarily stop you posting to the forums. This could be for a number of reasons, but the most likely is because you are considered to be repeatedly posting abusive or inappropriate content.
    Your posting rights will return on the x day of x month at xhrs''

It's ALL about interpretation, what would get you a ban in one forum may well not 'apply' elsewhere..I do know that the moderators 'stance' appears to differ from forum to forum, and that some forum very rarely witnesses the sort of material required for a ban to be considered. That being said, I do think that it requires more than one set of eyes to make such a decision...'there isn't the resource' would be the site response !? SIMPLE answer to that, 'chop 'em around'...let the moderators 'wander' instead of being tied to certain forum ? Perhaps then we'd all accept their decisions and there would be a better understanding of just what's not going to be tolerated AT ALL, and that an 'offending' poster is plainly just engaging in 'goading gone too far' ?
  12. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 00:20
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    There should be a page like the thumbs page but dedicated to moderator "Greatest Hits".
    With regard to my previous post ^^^^ did you maintain one forum or were you allowed to 'wander' between a few ? That's if I'm allowed to ask, more so if you're allowed to SAY lol...
  13. Standard memberjohnyg
    Metallica is weak
    better then here!
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 04:46
    Careful what you post.. never know when the whole thread will disappear....
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 04:55
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    It's not so much a British thing IMO...it's more the domination of the forum by a feud that no one cares about.
    Really?

Seems everyone is talking about it!~ 😉

Guess it must have a few viewers huh? 😛
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 05:10
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    People LOVE CONFLICT, even though they say the do not.

How many people do you see turn their backs when a fight starts.

People are either watching or joining in on it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree