Forum moderation

Forum moderation

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Really?

Seems everyone is talking about it!~ 😉

Guess it must have a few viewers huh? 😛
Yeah, that's why it took you a month and a half to resurrect this thread. 🙄

y
lovin the sea breeze

Up North!

Moves
14 Jan 13

i have to say that i had a very bad experience from a moderator in the clan forum. he threatened to withdraw my membership. i was not being rude or oppressive in my comments in the forum and was only making a statement of what i believed to be true. when i sent him the RHP constitution regarding the right to speech and that i wasnt being rude, he stopped threatening me.

totally out of order i thought

moreover the comments he took offense to were regarding a particular clan. he did not take offense over other comments which led me to think he was being impartial and bias.

not professional conduct on his apart especially when threatening my membership to RHP

i am glad others have picked up on it

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
14 Jan 13

Originally posted by yavash
i have to say that i had a very bad experience from a moderator in the clan forum. he threatened to withdraw my membership. i was not being rude or oppressive in my comments in the forum and was only making a statement of what i believed to be true. when i sent him the RHP constitution regarding the right to speech and that i wasnt being rude, he stopped thre ...[text shortened]... apart especially when threatening my membership to RHP

i am glad others have picked up on it
I too have had a problem with regard to dealing with a Moderator.
I challenged his intervention with regard to naming me when I was in fact an innocent
party. He was most unhappy with my challenging him on a public forum and he removed the thread while I was in the middle of communication with him.

To his credit he did apologise to me later but by private message.
He did not offer an apology to me on the public forum where he initially
took my name in vain. I did not use abusive language toward him. I simply
pointed out that he was wrong to name me in certain accusations that were
being alleged by others against other people. I just happened to be on that
forum at that time.

I accepted his apology but despite my speaking to the administrators
I received no apology from them. I was disappointed by this as I am a paying
subscriber to this site and it is the only website on all of the internet
that I have actually agreed to give money to.

I do like the site and wish to continue here as I have never been guilty of any
offence and have stuck to the letter to the terms of service.

It is a very good site and I hope to see it continue as I believe it has a valuable
role to play with regard to on line chess games and friendly communication
with lots of people in other nations.

I'm not sure how difficult it is to police a site like this one but in my
humble opinion the Moderators could do better when attempting to
communicate. Innocent parties should not be dragged into discussions
of wrongdoing by others.

Australia

Moves
15 Jan 13

Moderators are unpaid members of the site, and we're lucky to have them. Nobody who behaves correctly has anything to fear from them. If you choose to join a fight already going on, and you get booted along with the original participants, you should learn from that experience not to do it again.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
15 Jan 13

...i sent him the RHP constitution regarding the right to speech...
<----- point at which I no longer took this post seriously 😛

y
lovin the sea breeze

Up North!

Moves
15 Jan 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
Moderators are unpaid members of the site, and we're lucky to have them. Nobody who behaves correctly has anything to fear from them. If you choose to join a fight already going on, and you get booted along with the original participants, you should learn from that experience not to do it again.
can you read??

the last two posts stated that we did nothing wrong...

i think the moderators do a grand job but at times they have acted unprofessionally - that is probably due to many reasons, and may be a training issue.

if people are too defensive to recieve negative feedback and not learn from it then it just goes to show what kind of moderator they are

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
15 Jan 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
I agree with you Kewpie,

I very rarely visit the clan forum now, if at all.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
15 Jan 13

can you read??

the last two posts stated that we did nothing wrong...

i think the moderators do a grand job but at times they have acted unprofessionally - that is probably due to many reasons, and may be a training issue.

if people are too defensive to recieve negative feedback and not learn from it then it just goes to show what kind of moderator they are
This isn't a direct response to your own posts, but it just had me thinking..
Comments such as 'can you read English or what ?', 'are you listening to me, idiot ?' ...all could be described as 'inappropriate' when having direct dialogue with anyone, never mind a moderator...yet we see it here time after time lol...

y
lovin the sea breeze

Up North!

Moves
15 Jan 13

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
This isn't a direct response to your own posts, but it just had me thinking..
Comments such as 'can you read English or what ?', 'are you listening to me, idiot ?' ...all could be described as 'inappropriate' when having direct dialogue with anyone, never mind a moderator...yet we see it here time after time lol...
is see what you're getting at but those comments are mildly offensive especially as this in such an international site. anyway glad that this thread hasnt been deleted :o)

maybe we should apply for the moderators post? ;o)

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
15 Jan 13

maybe we should apply for the moderators post? ;o)
Naaaa, I'm obviously far too polite to be considered as a moderator lol...

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
I too have had a problem with regard to dealing with a Moderator.
I challenged his intervention with regard to naming me when I was in fact an innocent
party. He was most unhappy with my challenging him on a public forum and he removed the thread while I was in the middle of communication with him.

To his credit he did apologise to me later but ...[text shortened]... communicate. Innocent parties should not be dragged into discussions
of wrongdoing by others.
Hear hear!

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
I can't see why the site would want to undermine a particular moderator..I know who you mean though, 'sometimes' the moderator comments made are perhaps a touch condescending...MAYBE, though, he \ she feels such an attitude is the only way to communicate their viewpoint. I say 'their viewpoint' but let's face it, the place is a sham...now push has come t ...[text shortened]... me old manner but imho the mod' is making it perfectly clear that it isn't an option...
I know of no attack on a particular Mod. Mod behaviour needs to be moderated in some way. It is part of the problem at the moment. perhaps a request for additional volunteers is in order. This would ease the burden on our overworked volunteers. I am sure there will be no shortage of volunteers

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by drdon
I know of no attack on a particular Mod. Mod behaviour needs to be moderated in some way. It is part of the problem at the moment. perhaps a request for additional volunteers is in order. This would ease the burden on our overworked volunteers. I am sure there will be no shortage of volunteers
Don't know about that,

I wouldn't like to be a Mod.

Unless I could come in like Rambo with his M 60 machine gun
and blow the entire thread away.

Moves
21 Jan 13

I find it bloody hilarious that posters from the 'Clans Forum' have the nerve to complain about forum moderation. That board is rash of retardation, spite and hypocrisy; darn good read at times though.

y
lovin the sea breeze

Up North!

Moves
21 Jan 13

i decided to take a look at clan forum - a posting / rant by a moderator was sexist in nature

i highlighted the fact it was sexist and (i presume it was a guy) he deleted my complaint!! he deleted it!!

oooo the power of the delete button