1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 17:32
    Originally posted by yavash
    i decided to take a look at clan forum - a posting / rant by a moderator was sexist in nature

i highlighted the fact it was sexist and (i presume it was a guy) he deleted my complaint!! he deleted it!!

oooo the power of the delete button
    You must mean the bit where he referred to posters bitching on about trivialities as "little girls".
  2. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 21:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You must mean the bit where he referred to posters bitching on about trivialities as "little girls".
    yes completely - not only was it sexist, it was size-ist and ageist - i am an older bigger girl AND i cry!!

also i know some big men that cry and talk trivial bitchy stuff too.

he just doesnt understand diversity! nevermind....
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 23:18
    yes completely - not only was it sexist, it was size-ist and ageist - i am an older bigger girl AND i cry!!

also i know some big men that cry and talk trivial bitchy stuff too.

he just doesnt understand diversity! nevermind....
    Don't you think picking that comment out of the contrast of all the stuff that flies back and forth in the Clans forum is a bit like picking straw out of cow poo and complaining that it's too dry? I.e. completely missing the point and the bigger picture.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 05:05
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Yeah, that's why it took you a month and a half to resurrect this thread. 🙄
    Are you in need of eye glasses?

Look again and you'll find I did not resurrect this thread. 😛
  5. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 08:071 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Don't you think picking that comment out of the contrast of all the stuff that flies back and forth in the Clans forum is a bit like picking straw out of cow poo and complaining that it's too dry? I.e. completely missing the point and the bigger picture.
    my point was about moderation and the moderators ability to encourage fair comments. If the moderator has no idea about diversity and equality and is in fact themselves saying statements that are sexist etc - how can they be expected to moderate appropriately and effectively?

people have been complaining about unfair and oppressive moderation. i am not 'blaming' the moderators as such, i think there should be a level of training and guidance and a transparent system.

i have had threads deleted for stating this, which indicates to me an air of defensiveness and inability to reflect on the part of the moderators. its a fair comment and not rude in any way

it may be a straw in poo to you but to me, this point just highlights the issue regarding inappropriate moderation.

cheers
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 01:321 edit
    For heavens sake, this is a website for playing games on, and we're all anonymous. The volunteers are also anonymous, after all they're playing on the site too. Why the big lawsuit deal over what words are used in a moderator post? They have off days just like any other player on the site, their "moderator" posts just don't happen to have a handy alert button. Get over it!
  7. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 13:43
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    For heavens sake, this is a website for playing games on, and we're all anonymous. The volunteers are also anonymous, after all they're playing on the site too. Why the big lawsuit deal over what words are used in a moderator post? They have off days just like any other player on the site, their "moderator" posts just don't happen to have a handy alert button. Get over it!
    calm down... it's only a forum where people leave comments! get over it 🙂 x
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 17:313 edits
    I have to correct you here: 😛 😉 😉

We are not all anonymous...Do you forget Phlabby's BBQ'S that people from this site went to. They are all known to each other now. 😉

Also, there have been meets in the past that people have been to also.

Moderators should always be careful with their words, as they set the example for the rest. If their going to call names, it would be kind of hypocritical to remove posts with name calling wouldn't it?
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 17:34
    calm down... it's only a forum where people leave comments! get over it 🙂 x
    😀

I bet they hate it when you throw it back at them like that! 😉
  10. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 21:401 edit
    That one does have an alert button, and it's been used.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 23:29
    You can actually alert a moderator post 🙂 (as long as you are a subscriber)
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 09:02
    i have to say that i had a very bad experience from a moderator in the clan forum. he threatened to withdraw my membership. i was not being rude or oppressive in my comments in the forum and was only making a statement of what i believed to be true. when i sent him the RHP constitution regarding the right to speech and that i wasnt being rude, he stopped thre ...[text shortened]... apart especially when threatening my membership to RHP

i am glad others have picked up on it
    There is a "RHP constitution regarding the right to speech"?

Where? I wouldn't mind taking a look at that...
  13. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 21:10
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I have to correct you here: 😛 😉 😉

We are not all anonymous...Do you forget Phlabby's BBQ'S that people from this site went to. They are all known to each other now. 😉

Also, there have been meets in the past that people have been to also.

Moderators should always be careful with their words, as they set the example for the rest. If thei ...[text shortened]... o call names, it would be kind of hypocritical to remove posts with name calling wouldn't it?
    YES!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree