Forum Moderation?

Forum Moderation?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
01 Jan 05
2 edits

Originally posted by pcaspian
I repeat my question.

Were you oblivious to the pun put forward by Graye with that statement ?

PS.. an entire post still to reply to.

in friendship

pc
zzz...

Your redundant posts without content that continually
ignore my points have lost my interest.

When you justify the notion of 'objectively offensive,'
something that people 'ought to find offensive,' and
the like, we'll have something to talk about.

I didn't find GEOS's post offensive and I didn't alert it.

If you read some 'sick sexual deviancy' into it, that's
your problem. I hope you alerted it and I hope that
fewer than 'n' did too, simply because I think your
viewpoint about the way that the world 'ought' to be
is a perverse one.

I'll look forward for your apologia for 'objective
offensiveness.' Until then, expect me to chime in
when you say something worth addressing.

Nemesio

P.S., Apologia doesn't mean apology, it means
defense, as per the Patristic Writings with which you
are likely familiar.

P.P.S., 'Or' and 'nor?' You are really scraping the bottom
of the barrel, aren't you?

p

Graceland.

Moves
01 Jan 05
1 edit

Originally posted by nemesio
zzz...

You haven't lost interest Nemesio, you don't want to answer my question. It is a rather simple question. I'll state it again, clearly.

I am not asking whether you found it offensive, I am asking whether you realised Graye's statement was a pun.

Simple yes, or no.

in friendship

pc

G

Moves
01 Jan 05
2 edits

Originally posted by nemesio
[b]zzz...

You haven't lost interest Nemesio, you don't want to answer my question. It is a ...[text shortened]... ement was a pun.

Simple yes, or no.

in friendship

pc[/b][/b]
Do you know what is really intresting about you pcaspian? Its your evident lack of self belief.

Now I know you are sitting there going "WTF is he talking about, deny deny deny"

But when you make posts like this.......

Dude, I read your posts. Atleast think up clever insults. Those I can appreciate. Otherwise it just bores me and everyone at RHP. That is not fair on anyone.

Iv seen this sort of statement from you a few times now. If you just stated your own opinion and the fact that it bored you, well you know no one would care. So you have to add weight (that you lack) to your statement by inculding other people who you certainly cant speak for.

Actually the point was that you will read it. However because the post is isolated, no-on else will, as such the post will remain.

It seems you lack brain cells or common sense. If someone was to read an offensive message about their mother, in a thread where no one would alert the post, that person would pm a mod and not waste time alerting the post. Common sense!

Ofcourse the intended pun is entirely oblivious to you ? Try justify this one.

I know you enjoy reading things into the Bible, but could you kindly stop reading things into my statement. I choose that statement because I knew you would show yourself in this light. The statement is about breast feeding and no pun intended. This is from the horses mouth, anything you add to it, is just a fairy tale and is to do with your own issuses. So my post shouldnt have been alerted by you, yet you said you did, go figure?

Why would I have to go to FW to see that ? LOL. Oh yeah, I forget at RHP its "Team Wolf", anyone that disagrees in public is bitten

If you close yourself off to the truth, please stop passing judgement.

r

Moves
01 Jan 05

Without wanting to be drawn into this childish discussion, I would like to point out that this forum is for discussing site ideas. I doubt many people are interested in the outcome of this discussion, so maybe it would be better if you continued this discussion at Forum Wars.

Regards,

d

Moves
01 Jan 05

Originally posted by rvugts
Without wanting to be drawn into this childish discussion, I would like to point out that this forum is for discussing site ideas. I doubt many people are interested in the outcome of this discussion, so maybe it would be better if you continued this discussion at Forum Wars.

Regards,
Yeah, let's discuss how some users at RHP are so gutless that they need to create second accounts to simply voice an opinion in a public forum. That would be an interesting topic of discussion. Rvugts, your thoughts?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Jan 05

Regards,
That's funny; a guy named Fingolfin was telling me the same thing!!

The RudeΒ©

who knows?

Moves
01 Jan 05

I doubt many people are interested in the outcome of this discussion, so maybe it would be better if you continued this discussion at Forum Wars.

Regards,
Or maybe you better continue to play with your double account and ignore a thread in which you're not interested.
Or maybe you could explain why you posted here since you're not interested.
Or maybe you could explain why you talk about ForumWars since you never posted or registered on that site.

p

Graceland.

Moves
01 Jan 05
1 edit

Regards,

rvugts, I have little doubdt you, and others find the tone of this discussion childish. In many ways it is. The topic does however discuss forum moderation and 'Robomod' is an actual 'site idea'.

Nemesio stated the following :

"Just look at the debates forum. I stopped counting at 10
the words I wouldn't say in front of my grand mother
on the first page of threads alone, and I stopped at 20 the
explicit references to gross sexual acts.
"

He also stated that he found 25% to 33% (3rd/4th) of my posts offensive, yet does not alert those. Ofcourse one never knows whether Nemesio play's Devil's Advocate, but I can only assume he was being sincere in his post.

Russ responded with the following statement, and I quote :
"If people were offended, and they alerted the posts as intented, then the posts would be hidden. If a post contains offensive content, then it might be penalised by the mod bot initially, and then even fewer alerts would be required to remove it. "

Do we have a problem ? I have provided reasons why certain posts are not being moderated, Nemesio has rejected those. I made reference to a post in this very thread containing a gross pun about the very person Nemesio claims to worship, yet Nemesio does not find that offensive. I am trying to come to understanding why that is the case, since (despite the posters subsequent denial) it is rather obvious.

I suspect people are losing confidence in 'Robomod' when their alerts are not addressed, as such cease to alert posts. In addition, attempts to publically address posts one finds offensive, are met with jeers being prudish or sexually repressed, which needless to say further suppress any outcries against the standard of the forum.

As Nemesio's original post got 4 rec's, it seems that there are indeed some that believe the current forum system is flawed. Ignoring the childish posts in this debate (of which I have no doubdt you are including my posts), I do believe this is the correct forum to be discussing this issue.

in friendship

pc

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
01 Jan 05

doubdt
I no longer have any doubt that you simply don't know how to spell this word, as you have misspelled it this way numerous times throughout this thread. If it be your will, please let this be the last such instance, and consider this yet one more lesson in your studies, which, if I need remind you, is your stated primary reason for participating in these debates.

Dr. S

p

Graceland.

Moves
01 Jan 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I no longer have any doubt that you simply don't know how to spell this word, as you have misspelled it this way numerous times throughout this thread.
Dr. S

Never been good at spelling πŸ˜‰

Thanks for the correction, will attempt to remember that in future.

in friendship

pc

p

Graceland.

Moves
02 Jan 05

I'll give Nemesio till tomorrow to reply to my question, should he wish to do so, otherwise I will accept his silence as a resignation from this discussion.

pc

G

Moves
02 Jan 05
1 edit

I'll give Nemesio till tomorrow to reply to my question, should he wish to do so, otherwise I will accept his silence as a resignation from this discussion.

pc
ultimatum? How very roman of you :-)

Do we have a problem ? I have provided reasons why certain posts are not being moderated, Nemesio has rejected those. I made reference to a post in this very thread containing a gross pun about the very person Nemesio claims to worship, yet Nemesio does not find that offensive. I am trying to come to understanding why that is the case, since (despite the posters subsequent denial) it is rather obvious.

Iv already told you that my post was about breast feeding. It ends there. If you must keep adding to my statement do so, but do so knowing its you adding to it. I am sure Jesus spent many hours suckling on Mary's nipples, which is why that statement isnt offensive. Every Saint you can think of did the same, Mary included. I dont know what your hang ups are, but they are clearly getting in the way of your thinking.

You find my statement gross because you add your own baggage to it.. I assure you normal people who read it, will think of breast feeding.

p

Graceland.

Moves
02 Jan 05

p

Graceland.

Moves
02 Jan 05
1 edit

Ok, so Nemesio refused to reply to my post, his claim , he finds my posts boring.

He did ofcourse avoid my last question claiming :

zzz...

He continues with.

When you justify the notion of 'objectively offensive,'
something that people 'ought to find offensive,' and
the like, we'll have something to talk about.

I didn't find GEOS's post offensive and I didn't alert it.

So we find a claim

1. That I continually ignore his points.

This is rather interesting. In fact, lets analyse Nemesio's
reply to my question:

pcaspian : "Ofcourse the intended pun is entirely oblivious to you ? Try justify this one.

nemesio : " I justify it by your having some sort of hang up about sexuality
where your presumption is that the words 'breast' and 'penis'
have an inherent 'dirtiness' to them.

* Instead of addressing the question (whether he is oblivious to Graye's pun), he redirects attention by pointing fingers at me and my 'prudish'sexual nature πŸ˜‰

This is quite interesting considering in his very opening thread he posts the following :

nemesio : "Just look at the debates forum. I stopped counting at 10
the words I wouldn't say in front of my grand mother
on the first page of threads alone, and I stopped at 20 the
explicit references to gross sexual acts.

- curious, what relevance does your grand mother have to the content of RHP ?

I continue my specific questioning, very specifically addressing this issue :

pcaspian : Were you oblivious to the pun put forward by Graye with that statement ?

nemesio : I didn't find GEOS's post offensive and I didn't alert it.

** Alas Nemesio, 2nd time you're avoiding answering the question and wait... are you
going to continue this debate ? Now see I didn't ask whether you found his post offensive, nor did I ask whether you found his statement offensive, I asked ... whether you were
"oblivious to the pun put forward by Graye with that statement

1.1 Now lets analyse the statement in question:

Grayeeyeofsorrow : "Jesus sucked Marys nipples for hours on end and enjoyed it"

Grayeeyeofsorrow continues reference to this pun, when I do not reply to it, with :

Did you consider my statement to be alert worthy? Or just decided you wouldnt debate because you consider me lower than you?

Either way its given me a laugh.

Grayeeyeofsorrow would like us to believe that his reference is in no way intended as a pun.
His 'Either way its given me a laugh' and ':0' really don't add any weight to this argument.

Ofcourse the following statement "I showed your mom a real good time last night πŸ˜‰' again (in his view) should not be taken as anything but "We went to the movies and had a jolly good laugh ". Alas, try on that antics in a bar (when you're old enough to drink) and I'll recommend a good hospital to your parents.

1.2 Why does Nemesio not find offense ?

- Ok, so we know Nemesio does not want to answer my question, I've provided him with an extra day to do so, again asking him to address whether he was aware of that pun.

pcaspian I am not asking whether you found it offensive, I am asking whether you realised Graye's statement was a pun.

... no response (but we know Nemesio is active in the forums). Is he truely so bored ?

- So we have a pun which can mean one of many things. Needless to say it is not that Jesus enjoyed breastfeeding.

This Nemesio does not find offensive. He claims to follow a saviour, the most Holy, that died
on the cross for his sins, yet seems to believe this is perfectly acceptable. Then again Nemesio
also did not address or oppose BBarr and RC's Jesus/Fetus post. His claim "I didn't know about it". Alas Nemesio, when you DID find out, I take it you just weren't offended like the rest
of us Christians. No, I don't think you could care less.

1.3 Nemesio claims I didn't address his points

Nemesio : When you justify the notion of 'objectively offensive,'something that people 'ought to find offensive,' andthe like, we'll have something to talk about.

Alas Nemesio, I already addressed this point.
See my post starting with "Lets try :

1. RHP is an international forum based on chess.
2. 'ni**er' is a historically derogatory term."

You however, choose to rigidly adhere to the belief that there is 'nothing' that can be intrinsically offensive. ofcourse this is true (as I admitted, because 'dickhe*d' will mean nothing to a person unable to speak English, however we are not claiming that something needs to be intrinsically offensive for it to be worthy of moderation are we ?

But lets continue the debate :

pcaspian : " I can call your mother all sorts of sordid names, yet provided only you find offense (or n-1), this should be allowed at RHP, irrespective of the content of my post ? Not very clever is it ?

nemesio : "You can call my mother whatever you want. Your opinion about my
mother means nothing to me. If I don't read it, how can I be
offended? And, if the offensive content of the post is such that
n-1 or fewer people alert it, then one would have to conclude that it
isn't insulting enough to be moderated.

* Note, I like the part that if 'n-1 or fewer people alert it' it is not worthy of moderation.

pcaspian : "Actually the point was that you will read it. However because the post is isolated, no-on else will, as such the post will remain.

Of my entire last rebuttal, Nemesio responds to one line , however does not actually answer my question ...

pcaspainOfcourse the intended pun is entirely oblivious to you ? Try justify this one.
nemesio : I justify it by your having some sort of hang up about sexuality

I try again :

pcaspian : I repeat my question.

PS.. an entire post still to reply to.

To which Nemesio replies with :

zzz...

** Conclusion:

Nemesio, the problem we have is that you claim to be a Christian. Had you not claimed this, I could care less about what you believe about Christianity. Afterall, everyone is allowed to believe what they want, to worship who they want, to not like anothers belief or to think someone else is daft. You start this thread off with claiming that the forums have gone to pot. I agree with you, yet you then (because of our previous discussion re: alcoholism) choose to pick on me simpy because you don't like me. No, not my view on moderation, but your ingrained hatred of Ivan, myself and other 'fundamental' Christians on this site. You however claim to be a Christian, to love the true God, but do you have the balls to actually stand up for Him, irrespective of what others on RHP or FW will think of you ?

Such is life, I can move on. I gave you ample opportunity to continue this debate and defend yourself.
Good time to shake the dust off my boots Nemesio ?

regards
pc

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jan 05
1 edit

[i/]Originally posted by pcaspian[/i]
Ok, so Nemesio refused to reply to my post, his claim , he finds my posts boring.

He did ofcourse avoid my last question claiming :

[i]zzz...

ignore my points have lost my i ...[text shortened]... ood time to shake the dust off my boots Nemesio ?

regards
pc
BOOHOO those nasty FW people are picking on me!:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(