01 Jun '07 09:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 10:15
    Originally posted by adramforall
    ... members have made say 500, 750 or 1,000 moves.

That will get rid of so much dross from the forums.

The only forum newbies should have access to post in is the [b]help forum

Yes/No/alternatives?[/b]
    RAQs #6
  3. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 14:52
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    I have been playing here well over four months and I have not completed 1000 moves yet. I don't think any new member should rush for their moves to post their opinion in the forums. A member is a member. There will always be abusers of some sort. This is inevitable no matter what.

Briefly, I disagree.
    A paying subscriber is less likely to spam the forums to the extent that 7ate9 and others do. I see no reason that any limitation would apply to subscribers. What this idea is trying to deal with is people who create new user accounts just to spam and abuse the forums. By making non-subscribers complete a set number of moves before having full forum priveledges you will make the forums a little less prone to abuse. It would however affect users who just want to use the forums, there are a few decent posters who don't play chess.
  4. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 16:25
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I think you have this forum confused with "THE NEW RULES" forum. This is "Site Suggestions".

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing you are against this suggestion.

P-
    oh!..... NEVERMIND!
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 20:171 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Yep, after all the main function of the site is to play chess. 😉
    Then get rid of the general, sports, debates, and spirituality forums. They aren't related to the main purpose of the site. 🙄
  6. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 00:01
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Then get rid of the general, sports, debates, and spirituality forums. They aren't related to the main purpose of the site. 🙄
    You Da MAN!!!!!
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 08:561 edit
    Maybe we could have one or more forums available to everybody and one or more forums available only to subscribers? Then the subscribers could stay in their private club lounge if they wanted to and never be bothered by the plebs from cattle class.😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree